• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

GUIDE Pin Terms and Abbreviations Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.
bump is what people post when they are 'bumping' there thread to the top. if it hasnt been commented on in a while it starts to sink a comment posts it back up again.

A Zap is when someone sends you a pin, just because they want to. Make sure that your address is on file with Bricklayer or Tiggermickey so that if someone wants to zap you, they can without ruining the surprise!

Thank you!!

WDI stands for Walt Disney Imagineering. The WDI pins are sold at Mickeys of Glendale, is which a cast member store so only CM can buy. You also have to be very careful with WDI pins, a lot of them have scrapper/fake alerts.

I didn't know either lol, but a lot of people warned me for fakes amongst the WDI. Especially the WDI Sorcerer Hats and the WDI Jessica series. It's why I sort of quit trying to get the Sorcerer Hats. And I'm slowly backing off from the Jessica pins as well.

They said that they're rare enough as it is, because most of them are only bought by CM members and that you should always ask the trader where they got the pins from. But even then. I traded for four Jessica WDI pins a month ago, and at least three of them are fake while the trader said they bought it from a CM. It wouldn't surprise me if the fourth is fake too. And the fakes are getting good.

WDI stands for Walt Disney Imagineering. The WDI pins are sold at Mickeys of Glendale, is which a cast member store so only CM can buy. You also have to be very careful with WDI pins, a lot of them have scrapper/fake alerts.
Oh wow. Thanks for the heads up.

I noticed in another thread that someone was referring to the post of the pin being damaged. Is the post the term for the sharp point that sticks out the back of the pin that is used to hold it in place?

Also I hear people talking about hidden mickey pins. I have never actually seen one before and they have always interested me because some people collect them whereas others want nothing to do with them so I was confused as these rare and exclusive pins? Or are they just a series of pins like stitch pins etc?

Hidden Mickeys are not rare or LE. They were use to be avail to only trade with cast members.. now you can trade or buy them. They are majorly scrapped. They are cute if you like the characters.. but most hard core traders will not touch them

I think its more Jessica pins than WDI pins. I know lots of her DSF and even Disney Shopping pins are faked. I know Evil Queen (or is it Maleficent) wearing a sorcerer hat has been faked, are you talking about Characters in Sorcerer Hats or the Mystery Sorcerer Hats??

I'm talking about the Characters in the hats. But it's really WDI pins in general you should be careful of. I'm not saying all of them have been scrapped, but certainly enough. Jessica WDI series, WDI ID badges, Princes and Princesses on Thrill rides, Characters in Sorcerer Hats, etc…

Status
Not open for further replies.