• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pop ups are back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pop ups are back!
They seem to gone right now but they were popping up all day yesterday with an onscreen redirect and two pop-ups. For some reason it seemed to want to give me a deal and upgrade my Cable package with Stars and HBO...

I had popups like crazy on my phone yesterday, I could log in fine from my computer but it wouldn't even log me in from my phone... yup I tried again now it's giving me popups right when I click to type in my username before it was only when I hit the enter button

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm having problems, too. However it seem to happen when I'm on Internet Explorer.

I am logged in on Chrome right now with no problems.

I'm having problems with pop ups too. Yesterday I was getting pop ups stating I had a virus and my credit card information was being stolen, and to click here and/or call this phone number to stop it. I had to have my CC info ready. Hmmm.....anyhow, that one is gone, but now I'm getting a pop up that my Adobe Flash Player is out of date, and needs to be updated. Somebody please make these go away!

I sent him a message.

I have adblocker and pop-up blocker on my computer (via Chrome) so you might want to add that. I haven't added an app with ad-blocker onto my phone yet.

Hi. I have been experiencing pop ups all week, just on this site. I use google chrome and have an ad blocker, but it doesnt help. Every item I click on generates a pop up, vertually making the site un-useable for me.

Add a pop-up blocker? I have Google Chrome with an ad blocker and a pop-up blocker and so far, so good. **Knock on wood**

not sure what to say other than I've PM'd Cicada on Facebook a few times within the past week, but he's only read one of the messages.

Download an ad-blocker and pop-up blocker on your computers (like me) and an ad-blocker app (like bookhugger) for your phone. Sasha, which one are you using?

not sure what to say other than I've PM'd Cicada on Facebook a few times within the past week, but he's only read one of the messages.

Download an ad-blocker and pop-up blocker on your computers (like me) and an ad-blocker app (like bookhugger) for your phone. Sasha, which one are you using?

Hi All,

I've been out of town for the last week, I did take a look at it, and it seems the old fixes have not done anything to remedy the situation.

As in the "forum upgrade" thread, I have purchased the license for the new software, but it will take a while to transition and port everything over, assuming there are no hiccups. I will be working on that soon, and during the transition, DPF will be down/inacessible for anywhere from a day to 3 or 4 days, if there are problems that arise.

When the forum is moved to new software, we should have all posts and accounts available, but permissions and other features will need to be re-set up, and that will take some time, so there will be growing pains! But, the forum should function much faster, and be much less prone to the issues of the old VB4 software we've been plagued with for the better part of a year now :eek:

Add a pop-up blocker? I have Google Chrome with an ad blocker and a pop-up blocker and so far, so good. **Knock on wood**

Ah yes thanks, I did have a pop and ad blocker, but we recently reset to factory settings, and that's one thing I hadn't remembered to reinstall. Did the trick, can see the number of popups increasing in the right hand corner as they occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back