• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pop ups are back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed an ad blocker for the time being, which helps. It blocks no less than 10 pop-ups on each page..
As I understand these kind of spam pop-ups are attached to the forum, so it does not depend on your browser. Unless of course your browser has a good pop-up blocker already installed, then it might prevent them from popping up.

Okay, I'm loving my work's firewall, every time the spam tries to redirect me it says access to site is blocked lol. Still annoying that a few pop-up screen's emerge though... The pop-up blocker I installed at home shows only a few pop-up sequences compared to th 9 or 10 in the past..,

The only way I could get on here on my phone was to download a program called ad blocker (app on Google play) that has its own web browser.

I haven't tried to see if it works on chrome yet.

im on a windows machine with firefox and no pop ups, but i only got here on this machine after i couldn't get the forum through any ios :( They don't pop up in new windows for me on my tablet they take over the current window. But at least this time i can quickly beat them out with closing the window. The last time this happened i had to hard crash the tablet and clear memory to get rid of them argh!

I'm getting them too. Most of them seem to be fake(?) sites for cleaning your computer, but this is the first time I've ever gotten... um... risque sites as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back