• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Speechless.

ZAPPED! Speechless.

lost-sun-princess

a princess worth waiting for
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Valentine's Day has always been my favorite day of the year.

This year was no exception.

My hands are still kind of shaking over the gift I just received. In another thread, I posted pictures of me melting down when Alex (ElysionsPrincess), Darris (Rasputin) and Meghan (MegglesM) announced that they'd conspired and planned on zapping me one of my holiest of holy pins: The Tangled Chair pin. I cried. I shook. I refused to believe that it was real.

Today, a package arrived. Well, to be correct, a few days ago, a package should have arrived. But because I work a 9:00a - 5:00p, it couldn't be delivered and I scheduled another delivery time. Said package decided not to show up during the delivery time. When I called two post offices (I live on a boarder) to figure out where it was, they announced that my package was missing. No one could track and/or find it.

I swore a lot, cried a lot, and texted Alex a zillion trillion times. I think I made up words I'd never heard before.

Desperate, I called one last time to our local post office and begged for help. The insanely sweet woman on the other end put down the phone, disappeared for ten minutes and then announced she'd found it tucked in the corner of a top shelf. It never even attempted delivery today. (Thanks, USPS.)

What's important is that now it's in my arms, and I have a video I'd like to share with you guys about all of the amazing things that happened to me today. I cried a lot tonight. There is so much warmth and love and generosity amongst this community, and this is something I will always treasure:

[video=youtube;dQ6N2Xww-uQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6N2Xww-uQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

EDIT: Oh no. I think the video and the audio aren't syncing, but you get the idea, I hope! o_o;;;

8hItuhl.jpg

Gorgeous shadowbox. So much love and care and attention to detail went into this. I will always, ALWAYS treasure this. My actual wedding veil is a replica of Rapunzel's, so this is means more than you could imagine...

xgZXefc.jpg

This card is stunning, Alex. It's going to be framed, I promise. You worked so hard on this, and it's an absolute treasure. I love you!!

2l95ERS.jpg

From Paris, with love. Merci beaucoup, Veronique, je t'aime, chere.

H6xX9Cx.jpg

Rocke01 and Rasputin, you make dreams come true. I simply cannot wait to build this display and share it with you guys, our wedding song will have the most beautiful permanent tribute in our home and YOU helped make it happen. I am speechless. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this incredible gift.

DPF. I love you. Thank you for letting me a part of this amazing community, and I wish I could hug and kiss each and every one of you gorgeous human beings. I am so overwhelmed with gratitude and joy right now. You bring so much happiness and light into my life, and I am so proud and thankful to be here.

xoxo!

-- J'aimie​

Oh goodness, your reaction to all of these gifts made me cry!! I have never seen someone so grateful for a gift in my entire life. It really, really warmed my heart!

I am so so sorry that the pin fell out though. If I would have known that they would have completely ignored my instructions to keep it right side up, the "FRAGILE" written all over it, and the $300 worth of insurance, I would have just sent the pin for you to put in yourself. I really hope it wasn't damaged in transit!! :anxious:

I'm so happy that you love it! :D <3 Happy Valentine's Day J'aimie!!

Oh goodness, your reaction to all of these gifts made me cry!! I have never seen someone so grateful for a gift in my entire life. It really, really warmed my heart!

I am so so sorry that the pin fell out though. If I would have known that they would have completely ignored my instructions to keep it right side up, the "FRAGILE" written all over it, and the $300 worth of insurance, I would have just sent the pin for you to put in yourself. I really hope it wasn't damaged in transit!! :anxious:

I'm so happy that you love it! :D <3 Happy Valentine's Day J'aimie!!

The pin is in PERFECT condition, it's absolutely fine. I felt something loose when the lady handed me the package, but I had no idea what was going on inside. Everything is perfect. I am over the moon.

I don't know how I could be anything LESS than this grateful. This is one of the most thoughtful and selfless things anyone has ever done for me. This means so much to us, and you really went above and beyond with this. We are thrilled and so grateful... Thank you a million times over.

xoxoxo I WISH I COULD JUST COME TO MICHIGAN AND GIVE YOU THE MOST GIANT HUG EVER.

Am I the only one who skipped through the video because I'm too impatient to watch you unwrap those amazing pins lol? Heck, I can barely tolerate it myself when I'm opening up a package, watching someone else killed me lol XD

That shadowbox...looks soooo good!

Okay, thank goodness the pin is not harmed!! Lol. Otherwise I would have to beat up the post office (not like I already don't want to! I thought you were going to have a heart attack earlier when you were texting me! Haha).

I accept internet hugs! :D *hugs*

Oh and really, you're welcome to fix or alter whatever you want on the shadow box. Its my first one so I don't know if it looks good or not lol. :D

kupo1121 said:
Am I the only one who skipped through the video because I'm too impatient to watch you unwrap those amazing pins lol? Heck, I can barely tolerate it myself when I'm opening up a package, watching someone else killed me lol XD

I was actually REALLY nervous filming this, I don't even know why. I think I said, "I'm freaking out" a hundred times!! It was fun to make, but it's weird seeing myself on camera! o_o;;;

Okay, thank goodness the pin is not harmed!! Lol. Otherwise I would have to beat up the post office (not like I already don't want to! I thought you were going to have a heart attack earlier when you were texting me! Haha).

I accept internet hugs! :D *hugs*

Oh and really, you're welcome to fix or alter whatever you want on the shadow box. Its my first one so I don't know if it looks good or not lol. :D

I. Am. Not. Changing. A thing. <3 We love it so much, it's already garnered a place of honor on my shelf. I need a bigger shelf, and Dan says we need more wall space. It's perfect.

YOU GET ALL OF MY INTERNET HUGS AND A BOOK OF IOU'S.

Also, the post office can do any number of unpleasant things to itself. That was an hour of my life I never want to relive. I never, EVER want to hear, "I'm sorry Miss Graham, it appears we've lost track of your package." ever, EVER again.

I absolutely LoVe that you made a video for us. I'm so very happy for you. Congrats!

Thanks friend, I'm glad you liked it! I was so nervous making it, which is silly because it was just me talking to my computer, haha! I closed the door, I wouldn't let Dan watch me, I was so nervous! :3 Also, next video I make I have to clean my room. Embarrassing!! :facepalm: I was just too excited.

Wow you are by far the luckiest and most blessed person on DPF. Congrats...I've been trying so hard to find that chair pin...so jealous lol

Thank you for the wonderful Video. May God bless you and your wedding. We were truly blessed to be able to be a small part of it!

Thank you Darris for being willing to step up and make this all happen. It is you that deserves the credit. DPF is blessed to have you as a member!

That is so touching! I have yet to meet u in person but I cannot think of anyone who is more deserving of the Tangled chair pin than u! :)

Thanks for sharing this vdo with us; I was getting antsy and excited just watching the video of u opening everything! lol

Congrats to Darris, Meghan, Alex, and Rocke01. U guys have very generous hearts and I am thankful to have such wonderful people here in this community :hug:

Edit: Oh and that's a heart attack on what happened with USPS. How in the world could have they lost a package THAT size?! Oh man if they had I would have gone postal on them on ur behalf LOL

Last edited:
Back