• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Summer of Fun- Princess Pin Collection *UPDATED 10/30/12*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are all great :) I love helping her collect because she is actually the one that got me into all of this. I have always been a ride-guy when we go to Disneyland, and she always wanted to be trading off of lanyards. So finally, I gave in and started doing it too. Although we don't trade at the parks very often nowadays (too many scrappers), we still trade on here and pinpics and she loves it. She gets to pick her wants off of pinpics, and I get to front the money :p Its special to us though, since no one else in our immediate family really collects pins, so its like our special hobby we share. Still planning to post the pics this weekend, just waiting for two of her HTF pins to arrive.

And since this is our first summer collecting, I thought it would be fun to list the pins we acquired June-September 2011 for memories sake. It will be cool looking back on this list next summer and seeing how far we've come.

pin52715
pin61290
pin64451

pin64541
pin64539
pin64540
pin74676
pin78013
pin77663
pin80467
pin80507
pin80878
pin85996
pin85999
pin86000
pin86852
pin85425
pin78637

hey! i am really new to the pin world and coleting little mermaid pins(favorite disney movie)i was just wondering how do you get so many good pins and not going broke my parents only let me buy one pin per month(unless we go to the parks) anyway how do you get good traders and so many good pins?(also love the little mermaid pins!) hope to to hear from you soon bye!

Hello i am really new to collectiing/trading disney pins i was wondering how you could collect so many pins so fast without breaking the bank? i collect nightmare before christmas and my favorite to collect is little mermaid i have a few but not to many i hope to hear from you soon bye!(oh and also love your ariel pins! so jelous!)

Ha just saw your post mojoscout. I think its all about taking the time to look for deals on here and the forum. I have found some amazing deals on DPF, and if I'm quick enough, I snag them up. I also find great deals on ebay from time to time. There are some deals I have to pass up, just because I can't afford it, but sharing is caring :p To be honest, this is a super expensive hobby for me. A lot of my wants are harder to find pins or lower editions, so when I find them I usually have to pay an arm and a leg for them. However, if you find deals on traders then you may be able to trade for them. I usually just buy them straight out, since I find it harder to trade for my wants.

I think the best advice I can give is just go after the pins you like, and look around to find the best prices. Sometimes you will find good deals, sometimes you may have to spend a little extra to get a harder to find pin, but just make sure you love the pin and you are happy with spending x amount of dollars on it. I have spent a small fortune on these pins (I have yet to upload the first post with 15 new LE pins I've purchased recently) but I only purchase them when my budget affords it. In the end, just make sure you are having fun and love the pins you have, and it is a great hobby.

And just like anyone else, I go through dry spells as well. I have months were I buy tons of pins, and I also have months where I sell some pins and stop buying pins. Just go at your own pace, and buy what you love and can afford, and make it fun for YOU. Hope that helps and if you ever need any advice feel free to personal message me :) Thanks for your great compliments and I hope you find some great Little Mermaid or NBC pins. If you add your pinpics, I can try to look out for some of your wants if you'd like.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write out all of that above :wavey:I find most of my pins either at the parks or ebay i do not know how to post pictures on here(or for that matter personilize my account ha ha) really looking forward to see your new pins ! i do not know how to buy or sell or trade pins on here(as you can tell i am new to pin collecting and REALLY new to this site ha ha) and one last thing how do i personal message you well i will try to figuire it out once again thanks for the really great advice and i will keep it in mind when buying pins hop to hear from you soon bye!:donald:

Lol Okay, quick crash course before I go to bed.

1) Private messaging- Click on a member's username, and a popup box will appear. You can view their complete profile, private message, add as contact, or view forum posts. In this case, click private message and it will take you to another page for you to private message them.

2) Pinpics- If you want to trade, it is easiest to first make a pinpics account. Go to pinpics.com, register, and add all of your pins you have for trade. You find the pins by searching for them using key words. Once you find the pin and you are logged in to your account on pinpics, you click "add to trades list".
Once you finish adding all of your traders, you can also browse other pins/characters you like and add them to your wants, similar to how you added traders (this time click "add to wants" instead). Once you finished all that, come back to Disney Pin Forum, click settings at the top right of the home page, go to "edit profile" under MY SETTINGS, and add your pinpics id that you created (there is a space for you to do that under "Additional information" if you scroll down). Now that you have your pinpics linked, members on here can see your traders and can see if they have any matches to your wants.

3) Starting a thread- If you'd like to sell or trade here, you first need a certain amount of posts (I think its 30, but you can check the help desk for the particulars). Once you meet the requirements, you can start a thread. Go to the sub-forum that fits what you want to do (if you are selling, start a thread in the pins for sale/wanted section... if you want to trade, start a thread in the trading section). Once in the right section, click +Post a new thread (Looks like a blue button) and you can start your thread.

Good luck getting acquainted with the forum and I wish you the best.

Thank you for the crash course it is helping a lot! i will try private messaging soon, all your posts have helped me a LOT!:) once again thank you and i will try personalizing my account keep checking back:donald: thanks bye!

Last edited:
Lol I have seen a few of your wants actually! What is your budget to spend on the pins though? A lot of the pins on your wants are rare, and may cost you a chunk of change :p Let me know.

Lol Ummm, yeah. A few for her collection actually. Mainly Beauty and the Beast, but we are stoked because they are some HTF pins :)
pin25133
pin49654
pin72325

And she is getting these in soonish:
pin88076
pin68866

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back