• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Who here has never been zapped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who here has never been zapped?
I've never been zapped, but I have never given my address for this purpose either. I didn't know it could be done lol. I thought members who zapped each other just knew their addresses after having traded together in the past. I love looking at the zap thread though, I love seeing how pins can make people so happy! :)

Never received a "zap" but have had an extra pin thrown into a trade once or twice. It just feels so weird so shoot my address to a mod for the sole purpose of "someone please send me something for free". Awesome that people are willing to do it, but so weird for me to actively seek it as if I'm something special.

You are someone special!!! You are participating in a fantastic community of people just like you. Some of us are very blessed to be able to do nice things for great people. But even a little act of kindness to let somebody know they were being thought of can make a huge difference. Doesn't even have to be a pin, some of my favorite things in my RAK attack package was the art people took the time to make just for me. People I have never traded with sent me drawings and little odds and ends and of course some sent pins. It was amazing to feel the warmth that somebody cared enough to take some time and do something special. That is why I have been giving back to the great people here. Of course if you don't have your address out there it is hard to surprise you. It is an amazing feeling when you can zap something special to somebody here. There are many more to come!!! So if you have not been zapped yet, don't take it personally. Get involved in the discussions here or like me the auctions. That is what got me hooked to this wonderful place. The more people know you the more likely you will get zapped. 90 percent of the people I zap are people that I have had a great experience with. Most of the time they don't even know they made an impression. There are wonderful people here and the fact that you are here means you are one of us. Have fun, get involved and who know who will be next.

You are someone special!!! You are participating in a fantastic community of people just like you. Some of us are very blessed to be able to do nice things for great people. But even a little act of kindness to let somebody know they were being thought of can make a huge difference. Doesn't even have to be a pin, some of my favorite things in my RAK attack package was the art people took the time to make just for me. People I have never traded with sent me drawings and little odds and ends and of course some sent pins. It was amazing to feel the warmth that somebody cared enough to take some time and do something special. That is why I have been giving back to the great people here. Of course if you don't have your address out there it is hard to surprise you. It is an amazing feeling when you can zap something special to somebody here. There are many more to come!!! So if you have not been zapped yet, don't take it personally. Get involved in the discussions here or like me the auctions. That is what got me hooked to this wonderful place. The more people know you the more likely you will get zapped. 90 percent of the people I zap are people that I have had a great experience with. Most of the time they don't even know they made an impression. There are wonderful people here and the fact that you are here means you are one of us. Have fun, get involved and who know who will be next.

This right here ^
This is why I love this hobby and this forum.
:hug:

Ok kiddies!

A super super super thank you bag of pins has been mailed so i hope everyone gets that happy feeling soon.! I cant believe so many people have never received a zap. I say sending one feels much better than getting one. Unfortunately the pins i have for zapping are mostly rack pins.

happy trades
Kirk

Hi Kirk,

You are fantastic!!! I completely agree that it is a blast to zap people!!!

One thing people need to remember, it is not what you zap, it is that you zap. Getting a little brown envelope when you are not expecting one is always fantastic!!!

My boyfriend was just zapped last week - and neither one of us know what it is, LOL. I'm assuming it's when you get a free pin from a friend without trading for it?
I need to go tell him so he knows! And if you're reading this, certain someone, you know who you are...thank you from both of us!

I have never been zapped, but I don't trade a lot either, so I figure that is why. One of the problems living so far away from either park is the difficulty picking up pins to use as traders. That's okay though, everyone here is always really nice and supportive, and sometimes that's just as nice!

I have never been zapped. It would be nice to get zapped. I'm just glad to see such awesome people on here. :)

Everyone that posted,just PM with your full name and addy and if you have a pinpics ID..I will add you to my journal of traders/zappers

I have been zapped 2 time as an add-on to a trade, but I have never been randomly zapped. The students I have been teaching this year have received about 300 zaps and I am so thankful for everybody's zaps, and so are the students!

Edit: Goofy_Moe zapped me over the summer. I don't know how I forgot about that.lol

Last edited:
Never been zapped but ive had the opurtunity to trade a lot since i joined this website, and all the people on here are super awesome and generous :D
really had a great time since i joined up!

I am new and, obviously, have never been zapped. I always felt bad about the idea of being zapped because so many of my pins are the crazy high end pins that I would NEVER expect someone to just randomly send out anything on my wants list, haha! I'm working on broadening my horizons a little bit, but more importantly than me, I would love very much to do something special for someone else.

What's protocol on sending out non-pin related zaps? Still Disney related of course, but not necessarily pins?

Never received a "zap" but have had an extra pin thrown into a trade once or twice. It just feels so weird so shoot my address to a mod for the sole purpose of "someone please send me something for free". Awesome that people are willing to do it, but so weird for me to actively seek it as if I'm something special.

I'm in the same boat as you!

I think I have been zapped one or twice years ago (Diz Pins Days) I did send out the first zap here on DPF. (Someone had to get the ball rolling) but to the best of my knowledge I have never been zapped as a DPF Member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back