• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Your Thoughts Needed on Threads/Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Thoughts Needed on Threads/Drama
I think we should just let the funny people post. That'll eliminate drama and increase humor and lightheartedness :)

I agree with that but everyone has a different sense of humor and what they find funny. I have a very asinine and sarcastic sense of humor and a lot of people who don't know me think I'm an *** because of my comments while the people who do know me don't. When things get very tense it seems like the majority can't take a joke and they take everything so seriously. While I wish this could happen I doubt we can make it work

I agree with that but everyone has a different sense of humor and what they find funny. I have a very asinine and sarcastic sense of humor and a lot of people who don't know me think I'm an *** because of my comments while the people who do know me don't. When things get very tense it seems like the majority can't take a joke and they take everything so seriously. While I wish this could happen I doubt we can make it work

LOL I also have a very asinine and sarcastic sense of humor (that I don't let loose on here because people WILL take it the wrong way), but I also have a random sense of humor. So, if anyone posts anything about, say, DSF, and people get mad about it, I say we just post a random picture of something. Like this...
apple-juice.jpg

I was just going to pass on this thread, but feel input from all active members is useful. :) I am very tired of the drama on the forums, which is part of the reason I didn't mind all too much taking as long of a break as I did when things fell apart in my personal like. I will stop posting on a thread that ends up dramatic, and also stop reading them when I get to post I know will start drama later in the thread. This is a hobby and is supposed to be fun, and escape and a stress reliever, but for many it is creating extra stress in their lives. People stress if a pin is released that they cannot obtain, stress over pins on eBay they can't win or an auction on here that is lost, if it is fake or scrapper or counterfeit, so on and so on! I know I have been guilty of some at time too! Ugh! :lol: I am trying to look at it now that I have returned to the hobby, "I will get it when I am meant to and will not stress out, but have fun and enjoy the amazing people and conversation!!!" Because that is what it is all about, making friends and having fun! Lmao, I cannot afford pins for many more months from what I see, ha ha, so may as well not stress! Anyway, if there is ALREADY street in what should be fun, why create drama too and take ALL the fun away??? Eventually no one will be around to have drama with because everyone will get sick of it and leave!

With that being said...

I really like knowing what the new releases are and when they are happening! I do not live by Disney ANYTHING, and it is nice to feel like you are at least a little part of it all, have somewhat of the inside scoop like those who are near Disney! Lol! I don't think I would know what is up and coming many times otherwise. I do NOT however feel people should be allowed to sell a pin they do NOT own yet. I think if people want to do pre-sales, fine, do it private! :) I have done one pre-sale before and do not mind doing it without a thread. It is also cool to know who is going to the releases, but personally, I don't care what time you are lining up, ha ha! But I do not think that these threads should be banned, just pre-sale threads really should IMHO! As much as I feel drama will drive people away, so will banning what people can discuss! I agree with a previous post, some people just like to cause drama, and will no matter what the topic is being discussed! Take away one thing for them to start drama about, they will find another! Don't ban the discussion matter, ban the drama starters! If other who create drama start seeing their like minded members being banned, maybe they will think twice before starting more!?!?!

I personally feel if Disney and DSF are having SO many problems with these big releasesto the point of stopping certain things, maybe change it up a little. The BIG releases that were line up events and drama causers before....make the online releases!!! Make a DSF online store! Not only would this eliminate the camping out, lines, drama, fights and the headaches for DSF, but it would finally give some of us who do NOT live by Disney or have the means to run there for a release a fair chance!!! :D I am sure many, other than myself, would enjoy this as well! :)

Just my opinions!
:hug:

LOL I also have a very asinine and sarcastic sense of humor (that I don't let loose on here because people WILL take it the wrong way), but I also have a random sense of humor. So, if anyone posts anything about, say, DSF, and people get mad about it, I say we just post a random picture of something. Like this...
apple-juice.jpg

which is how my ice cream bombing got started.

I personally feel if Disney and DSF are having SO many problems with these big releasesto the point of stopping certain things, maybe change it up a little. The BIG releases that were line up events and drama causers before....make the online releases!!! Make a DSF online store! Not only would this eliminate the camping out, lines, drama, fights and the headaches for DSF, but it would finally give some of us who do NOT live by Disney or have the means to run there for a release a fair chance!!! :D I am sure many, other than myself, would enjoy this as well!

They have that. It's called Disneyshopping.com. But greed got the best of that site too and they had to shut it down. People would buy the pins, try to flip them and if they couldn't they'd return the pins at the store for a refund. (Granted it was also Disney's fault for making lesser quality pins, artwork, and reused artwork that also led to it's demise.) Now DS.com it's only the occasional $125+ set or a jumbo. DSF is a retail store in a high traffic tourist market attached to a theater. They would get nothing out of online sales. DS.com should start making better pins again and that would give you non-SoCal people a chance to get good pins and have trade bait.

DSF wants as many bodies through the door as possible. They seem to not really care how stinky people are when they come through, only that they keep coming. I think the BT release with Melody Time & Pooh & Oliver & Co. there was maybe 35 people standing outside. Those pins were all on the rack for weeks. 35 people! And a few only came for a surprise pin because there was 3 pins on the flyer. That was less than a year ago. DSF could release Merbabies BT tomorrow and announce it right now and you'd have 200 there tonight waiting for it and probably 25 presales for $50. The hype will not die, the people who want Merbabies will always be mad they can't get it, the resellers will still sell.

Here's to hoping the first PTD is JarJar Binks!!

Wow, thank you and goodnight. And with that comment, it's time to close.

This thread will be under review for possible infractions and may or may not reopen after everyone has had a cooling off period. Thank you for the debate, you've given us mods a lot to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back