• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Your Thoughts Needed on Threads/Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Thoughts Needed on Threads/Drama
“Not exactly Noir”, said Johnson. “This drama is too much for one Detective to handle. I know we have had our differences in the past, but you are gonna have to take that up with the chief.”

He may be a boozehound, but he made a good point. I couldn’t bare to look at the papers anymore. They were scattered all across my filthy apartment. Headlines plastered across the front telling of infractions, bans, scams and cheaters. You name it, I’ve seen it. Luckily, I have enough empty hooch bottles to hold down all the papers. It was all my fault, and it is too much for one detective to take. I was given this case months ago to clean the streets, but every time I take a goon down there are 10 more to replace him.

With a sigh, I flicked my cigarette on the ground, drowning it in the puddle below. I tipped my hat and bid Johnson a farewell. I had a feeling this wasn’t the last time I was going to run into that ugly mug. This has gone on long enough.

Thanks for posting this thread, Moe.
I agree with you, and BugcatcherJenna. Stop the drama, stop negativity, I am grateful for the Moderators, they keep things in check. Last but not least, pre-sales, are questionable, to say the least.
I see this thread is popular. I will keep my eye open as more comments are posted.

“Not exactly Noir”, said Johnson. “This drama is too much for one Detective to handle. I know we have had our differences in the past, but you are gonna have to take that up with the chief.”

He may be a boozehound, but he made a good point. I couldn’t bare to look at the papers anymore. They were scattered all across my filthy apartment. Headlines plastered across the front telling of infractions, bans, scams and cheaters. You name it, I’ve seen it. Luckily, I have enough empty hooch bottles to hold down all the papers. It was all my fault, and it is too much for one detective to take. I was given this case months ago to clean the streets, but every time I take a goon down there are 10 more to replace him.

With a sigh, I flicked my cigarette on the ground, drowning it in the puddle below. I tipped my hat and bid Johnson a farewell. I had a feeling this wasn’t the last time I was going to run into that ugly mug. This has gone on long enough.

I love you so so much

I totally agree with this thread started, but I don't have the problem of drama as of yet..but I also have some opinions.
Being a new member to this forum for a couple of months I have a couple of opinions about it. I am in no shape or way going to attack anybody on this forum, but I can say that I see a lot of favoritism. Some threads I go into aren't welcoming at all, as they talk about things that only include them and thats it. New people like myself can't say how many times I have been ignored on some threads that most of the time I just want to quit this forum and hobby all together. Everybody has their opinions and you know I might not know everybody and know everything, but after the last two months being on here with all the drama attached it is making me not want to be part of this community. It took a lot for me to say that...
:sad:

Last edited:
I totally agree with this thread started, but I don't have the problem of drama as of yet..but I also have some opinions.
Being a new member to this forum for a couple of months I have a couple of opinions about it. I am in no shape or way going to attack anybody on this forum, but I can say that I see a lot of favoritism. Some threads I go into aren't welcoming at all, as they talk about things that only include them and thats it. New people like myself can't say how many times I have been ignored on some threads that most of the time I just want to quit this forum and hobby all together. Everybody has their opinions and you know I might not know everybody and know everything, but after the last two months being on here with all the drama attached it is making me not want to be part of this community. It took a lot for me to say that...:sad:

Sometimes I felt like this as well. But with all the negatives, there are positives. I've chatted with a few people on the chatroom and with those I buy pins from and that I trade with. There are a lot of wonderful and amazing people on here. Even though there are those who are familiar with each other already, there are those who embrace newbies like us. And you are definitely not ignored. :)

Thanks Agent R at least I don't feel alone. Don't get me wrong there is some pretty amazing people I met on here so I won't place the blame on them but I love this hobby so much it saddens me to not be apart of the fun and get to know people that like the same thing I do.

Being a new member to this forum for a couple of months I have a couple of opinions about it. I am in no shape or way going to attack anybody on this forum, but I can say that I see a lot of favoritism. Some threads I go into aren't welcoming at all, as they talk about things that only include them and thats it. New people like myself can't say how many times I have been ignored on some threads that most of the time I just want to quit this forum and hobby all together. Everybody has their opinions and you know I might not know everybody and know everything, but after the last two months being on here with all the drama attached it is making me not want to be part of this community. It took a lot for me to say that...

Sometimes I felt like this as well. But with all the negatives, there are positives. I've chatted with a few people on the chatroom and with those I buy pins from and that I trade with. There are a lot of wonderful and amazing people on here. Even though there are those who are familiar with each other already, there are those who embrace newbies like us. And you are definitely not ignored. :)

This makes me sad!! We should make a thread for new members / old members to just come in chat, and get to know each other. Where no one is excluded, and we can all discuss our hobby / our day / whatever... :(

Sometimes I felt like this as well. But with all the negatives, there are positives. I've chatted with a few people on the chatroom and with those I buy pins from and that I trade with. There are a lot of wonderful and amazing people on here. Even though there are those who are familiar with each other already, there are those who embrace newbies like us. And you are definitely not ignored.

I'm so sorry guys. If it makes you feel better you can be on here for a year or so and still have days where you feel completely like an outsider and out if the loop and crap (speaking from very recent personal experience... like right now :lol:)

my best advice would be to just keep posting and feel free to reach out to people. And if the drama or anything else is getting you down, just take a step back - doesn't have to be a serious break or anything but a day or so (heck even sometimes just a couple of hours) might make you feel better where you can come back with a clear ahead and enjoy the hobby.

DPF has a very kind community but like anything else it isn't perfect. However new members are absolutely just as important as veteran ones. So even if people don't say it all the time, know your appreciated no matter how long (or short) you've been here :hug:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry guys. If it makes you feel better you can be on here for a year or so and still have days where you feel completely like an outsider and out if the loop and crap (speaking from very recent personal experience... like right now :lol:)

my best advice would be to just keep posting and feel free to reach out to people. And if the drama or anything else is getting you down, just take a step back - doesn't have to be a serious break or anything but a day or so (heck even sometimes just a couple of hours) might make you feel better where you can come back with a clear ahead and enjoy the hobby.

DPF has a very kind community but like anything else it isn't perfect. However new members are absolutely just as important as veteran ones. So even if people don't say it all the time, know your appreciated no matter how long (or short) you've been here :hug:

Thanks for the kind words Story! :) It means a lot.

this makes me sad too! I have been here a little while, not new not old, and at first I felt the same, no one wanted to get to know me but I kept posting and posting, and now I feel lucky I have a few great friends that mean a bunch to me, At one point I was planning to quit too, but please keep writing keep posting hang in there, I'll talk to ya PM me when ever I try to write back asap but sometimes work gets in the way! lots and lots of kind friendly people here, give us a chance, it will be nice to meet you sometime.

I'd like to give my 2¢ if I may.

Personally, I'm not a fan of pre-sales. I think in many cases, it's just borderline stealing as many promises are not followed through on both sides of the sales. I also feel it contributes to the mad rush at DSF and to the recent PODM. Even though I live near DSF, I've never gone to a release, mostly due to my job. I've almost gone recently, but I feel there has definitely risen up a subculture of the Pin Trading Community who feel DSF is there personal domain and unless you are a regular, you shouldn't invade their turf. I do realize that is only a small percentage of the people who regularly go to these things, but some of them are the most vocal on the boards. I do think its a darn shame that most DSF and even WDI pins are sold rather than traded within the pin collecting hobby, but I think that's a whole different discussion.

In regards to drama on the boards, I feel much of it should be allowed to happen, to a certain degree. In any hobby, you have good people, and you have bad people. The only way to find out who the bad people are is by talking about it. I've posted elsewhere that I feel
the recent DSF release really exposed the character of a lot of people. But by not being able to talk about it, the bad behavior can stay hidden from others. But if we don't talk about it and expose what went on, the bad behavior will just continue.​

In my opinion, it should be common knowledge who the resellers are, who the gougers are, who the cliques are and who the truly nice people are. We should know who the good and bad ebay sellers are and who they are on any forum about Pin Trading. If people are doing nothing wrong, they have nothing to be worried about. Bad behavior persists because people know they can get away with it. People can be horrible at a release, but then come on the boards and be anonymous or sell on eBay and people buy from them not knowing the kind of behavior they exhibited to get the pin. Sometimes a public shaming is just what a person needs to change the way they act.

Now I'm not advocating that every personal issue get dragged up on the boards, but when we have releases that get out of hand like the recent DSF release or the Beauty and the Beast PODM, I think it's important to call out those that behaved poorly. How else do we hold each other accountable in this community?

As for closing threads, I think the mods did the right thing when they closed the threads during the last DSF release. Passions were being flamed and there was a clear us vs them mentality going on. By shutting down discussion until after the release, I think it helped cool the situation down. We were then able to post once the release took place. However, I do not agree with the continued closing of threads that is still happening everytime a DSF thread starts. And it nearly is always someone who was at the release who asks for it to be closed. Why? If it was that bad and has such bad memories for you, don't read the thread. But I feel people here have every right to talk about it if they want to. Again, I think many want them closed to conceal the bad behavior. Discussion needs to be allowed to flow freely, within reason (curse words are never acceptable and folks need to remember this is an all ages board so sexual discussion/innuendo of any type should not take place).

For the most part, I've really enjoyed the boards here. I've interacted with some really great people. But I've also had my share of attacks (once for a misunderstood question I had asked that someone took offense to and another time I was called out for apparently sending out bad trade request - but in that last case I had to consider the source - sometime you just can't argue with stupid.) Have had some good experiences with Zaps, both that I've sent and the one I received, and I've had some bad experiences with zaps I've sent (if you get zapped, please at least thank the person who zapped you). Some on the boards are more problematic than they think they are, others are more helpful than anyone ever gives them credit.

The boards can be a lot of fun if we discuss freely, interact with more people outside of those you normally interact with (lets break up some of these cliques, folks), and get back to trading more than selling.

Anyway, just my opinion.

Personally, I'm not a fan of pre-sales. I think in many cases, it's just borderline stealing as many promises are not followed through on both sides of the sales. I also feel it contributes to the mad rush at DSF and to the recent PODM. Even though I live near DSF, I've never gone to a release, mostly due to my job. I've almost gone recently, but I feel there has definitely risen up a subculture of the Pin Trading Community who feel DSF is there personal domain and unless you are a regular, you shouldn't invade their turf. I do realize that is only a small percentage of the people who regularly go to these things, but some of them are the most vocal on the boards. I do think its a darn shame that most DSF and even WDI pins are sold rather than traded within the pin collecting hobby, but I think that's a whole different discussion.

In regards to drama on the boards, I feel much of it should be allowed to happen, to a certain degree. In any hobby, you have good people, and you have bad people. The only way to find out who the bad people are is by talking about it. I've posted elsewhere that I feel
the recent DSF release really exposed the character of a lot of people. But by not being able to talk about it, the bad behavior can stay hidden from others. But if we don't talk about it and expose what went on, the bad behavior will just continue.​

In my opinion, it should be common knowledge who the resellers are, who the gougers are, who the cliques are and who the truly nice people are. We should know who the good and bad ebay sellers are and who they are on any forum about Pin Trading. If people are doing nothing wrong, they have nothing to be worried about. Bad behavior persists because people know they can get away with it. People can be horrible at a release, but then come on the boards and be anonymous or sell on eBay and people buy from them not knowing the kind of behavior they exhibited to get the pin. Sometimes a public shaming is just what a person needs to change the way they act.

Now I'm not advocating that every personal issue get dragged up on the boards, but when we have releases that get out of hand like the recent DSF release or the Beauty and the Beast PODM, I think it's important to call out those that behaved poorly. How else do we hold each other accountable in this community?

As for closing threads, I think the mods did the right thing when they closed the threads during the last DSF release. Passions were being flamed and there was a clear us vs them mentality going on. By shutting down discussion until after the release, I think it helped cool the situation down. We were then able to post once the release took place. However, I do not agree with the continued closing of threads that is still happening everytime a DSF thread starts. And it nearly is always someone who was at the release who asks for it to be closed. Why? If it was that bad and has such bad memories for you, don't read the thread. But I feel people here have every right to talk about it if they want to. Again, I think many want them closed to conceal the bad behavior. Discussion needs to be allowed to flow freely, within reason (curse words are never acceptable and folks need to remember this is an all ages board so sexual discussion/innuendo of any type should not take place).

For the most part, I've really enjoyed the boards here. I've interacted with some really great people. But I've also had my share of attacks (once for a misunderstood question I had asked that someone took offense to and another time I was called out for apparently sending out bad trade request - but in that last case I had to consider the source - sometime you just can't argue with stupid.) Have had some good experiences with Zaps, both that I've sent and the one I received, and I've had some bad experiences with zaps I've sent (if you get zapped, please at least thank the person who zapped you). Some on the boards are more problematic than they think they are, others are more helpful than anyone ever gives them credit.

The boards can be a lot of fun if we discuss freely, interact with more people outside of those you normally interact with (lets break up some of these cliques, folks), and get back to trading more than selling.

Anyway, just my opinion.

+ 1000 on this! I agree with most of what was said. I wish we could be informed of all the bad sellers and traders, but I think they don't allow it as those are primarily just opinions of others. You could be potentially black listing a person for a 1 time occurrence. However, its no secret who those are that actively participate and contribute to the drama on a daily basis. There's only so much crap you can take from these people. Personally, I don't have a problem with identifying the problem starters. If the trader/seller hasn't been banned than its up to each participate to determine if they would like to do business or trades with the said individual. My favorite time of day is getting those PinPics request in the morning from people I would NEVER trade with. That's when I send out a big plain "NO THANK YOU!" And in Megera's voice "Have a nice day!"

BTW you made that 2 cents stretch real good lol! Love the well versed and opinionated post! We may not all agree, but I appreciate all these varying opinions :)

WELL IM not going to read through all 6 pages of opinions,,,,i hope nobody got too impassioned or this thread will be closed. My opinion -I AM AGAINS ALL MODERATION OF ALL KINDS AND BANNING. You dont like a thread dont read it dont comment. YOU hate dpf dont log on, and like Torianne...if pin trading isnt your happy place anymore, turn off your trade assist on pinpics.

I dont like the gov telling me what i can eat -smoke-build on my property....and i certainly am actually sickened that all the sudden the Mods on an open forum are closing threads?? Unless there are personal threats to a person let the thread go where it gos. I also dont buy into that threads on dpf added into the mess at dsf. we all knew it was gonna be a cluster fart far in advance and so did dsf and yet they didnt pre-empt any type off organization, nor did they tell the folks that camped for days to leave...they never do. They play their part by not inforcing their own rules....encouraging the dog eat dog mentalitly.

In regards to drama on the boards, I feel much of it should be allowed to happen, to a certain degree. In any hobby, you have good people, and you have bad people. The only way to find out who the bad people are is by talking about it. I've posted elsewhere that I feelthe recent DSF release really exposed the character of a lot of people. But by not being able to talk about it, the bad behavior can stay hidden from others. But if we don't talk about it and expose what went on, the bad behavior will just continue.

Anyway, just my opinion.

High fives, I like what you say so well

This is from the sales forum rules written on 10-18-2010 by Bricklayer:

All sales and purchases are at the risk of the individuals involved. Please be certain that you make safe and intelligent secure payment and shipping arrangements. DisneyPinForum.com is not responsible/liable for any pin(s) advertised for sale in this forum, the integrity of that product's representation, any sales that go uncompensated, or the shipment or transport of any items.

If I understand it right, not just pre-sales, but ANY sale that takes place is at the buyer's risk. It is the buyer's responsibility to decide if any given purchase is safe.

In my understanding, our mods are not responsible in the least for purchases that go sour. If they step in and try to help, it is only from the goodness of their hearts.

So, asking the Mods/Admin to ban pre-sales, in a way, is admitting that we are not smart enough to look after ourselves.

Last edited:
Selen you and i always agree, hatched outa same egg. I don understand this whole 6page thread. Whats te problem with sales or pre-sales? I myself WOULD NEVER EVER do that because how can i buy or trade a pin nobody owns yet, but thats MY choice and my right. In the same fashion it is somebody elses right to arrange to buy or trade for a unreleased pin if thats what they wanna risk doing. If they get screwed well buyer beware. I like allthe release infor threads, the only thing i do NOT ike nor should be tolerated on here or "in the real world" is bulllying and cruel name calling and cyber fighting. To me that is when a mod should step in and they have, not to close the thread but to deal with the trouble makers. Making one comment is not what i am talking about, we all know what im talking about....

I also dont get the click thing? I have a ton of friends on here and i trade almost 5 times a week and i have a big chatty mouth so i seem to have friends. When i was new on here i didnt talk to anyone, just like if you move to a new town it takes time and EFFORT to build relationships....dont get angry or paranoid that you are not welcome here do to clicks. I havnt seen anyone shunned.

This site is well known for it's drama and I think that people like it. It's sad but true. I don't post here as often as I used to because of the drama. So if you don't want drama go to the "other" forum - if you love drama and want to continue to bash others uncontrolled - stay here! Pre-sales do nothing but create an unstable market price and in 3-5 years, those who spent a fortune on their pins will never recover their initial costs. The way to solve this is not to ban the threads, but to not buy at ridiculous prices. But asking people to wait is like trying to herd cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back