• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2016 Pin Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016 Pin Releases
Ohhhh I love that Bambi pin! Reminds me of something my momma stitched for me when I was little.

What FB pages are you guys on? I wanna see the news when it comes out!

Ohhhh I love that Bambi pin! Reminds me of something my momma stitched for me when I was little.

What FB pages are you guys on? I wanna see the news when it comes out!

If you search FB for Disney Studio Store Hollywood, you can find their official page where they announce the surprise releases. The FB group Pin Junkies is also really good to follow for new releases.

50th anniversary of It's A Small World. This is for Disneyland.

http://disneyparksmerchandise.com/blog/its-a-small-world-limited-edition-pin-release/

IASW_Trading_OneSheet_2016.jpg

RITA! It's wonderful to see Rita featured on a pin! She's only on a handful of pins, and none of just her except for propins. She's my favorite from Oliver and Company and one of my favorite overall Disney Dogs. I may try to get her once the pin values settle down. Bolt's expression is...interesting.

It will be interesting to see what these do value-wise in comparison to the cats.

I know right?! I love the briar rose one the best, but I'm a sucker for the blue dress. Such pretty pins and the dapper dogs. :)

The WDI Pin Rep at the event confirmed that the Pink and Blue dress Aurora couple pins both equal 250 combined, with 100 painted blue and 150 painted pink.
The pins both say 250 on the back, but the rep confirmed that the order placed to the factory, and was subsequently delivered, was indeed for 100 + 150.
I double checked with the rep again after noticing that the pins were both stamped 250 on the back. He was adamant.

Well. That kills any chance of me getting either pink or blue Aurora. Maybe Briar Rose won't be so hard, once the original manic prices settle down.

The WDI Pin Rep at the event confirmed that the Pink and Blue dress Aurora couple pins both equal 250 combined, with 100 painted blue and 150 painted pink.
The pins both say 250 on the back, but the rep confirmed that the order placed to the factory, and was subsequently delivered, was indeed for 100 + 150.
I double checked with the rep again after noticing that the pins were both stamped 250 on the back. He was adamant.

Well. That kills any chance of me getting either pink or blue Aurora. Maybe Briar Rose won't be so hard, once the original manic prices settle down.

Ugh!! Same here. Are these actually released yet?

Ugh!! Same here. Are these actually released yet?

Yes, and sold out earlier today. They didn't hold any blue or pink Aurora back for CMs. There were about 10 Ariel and Belle left this morning. Everything else there were about 30 of left.

Are these fantasy pins or actual Disney pins? Where do the Acme pins come from? The ads don't look professional or official.
From what I understand, they're official licensed Disney pins from a subscription store in Hong Kong Disney. But I'm not 100% on the details.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

They are definitely not fantasy pins. Acme is a company that does some Disney licensing. They're using art created by licensed artists who work(ed) for them. I'm not clear on why they're usually only for sale in Hong Kong; probably to do with the licensing agreement so as not to compete with other Disney merch distributors.

So they are official, legal and above board. I'm not sure I see where the flyers don't look professional (unless it's the degradation of the digital image after being copied) but since they're only sold on their site which is Hong Kong based, maybe there's just a different look that is considered professional there?

I usually see the flyers up on disneypinsblog.com. Come to think of it, I think their site also has an explanation about the pins.

By the way there are two more Frozen ones coming:
PinCon-World-LE-250-ACME-Frozen-Pins.jpg

Last edited:
Just spotted these new WDI pins and they are all gorgeous! I'm very happy they made dapper dogs after the dapper cat set was released (makes me want to start collecting Perdita, just for this pin alone), and was able to get my hands on one of the Snow White pins for what I *think* is a fairly reasonable price.

I'm not sure I see where the flyers don't look professional (unless it's the degradation of the digital image after being copied) but since they're only sold on their site which is Hong Kong based, maybe there's just a different look that is considered professional there?
I guess it's that there are a bunch of different logos and they are all different styles that don't really fit together. Also, some of the stuff on the flyer looks blurry. Just looks like a lot of cut and paste. Like my signature, lol. Thanks for the information, though. Good to know in case they release something I'd like to add to my collection.:tigger:

Last edited:
I guess it's that there are a bunch of different logos and they are all different styles that don't really fit together. Also, some of the stuff on the flyer looks blurry. Just looks like a lot of cut and paste.

Yeah, I can see that! As far as I know, Acme is the company who owns the art rights & is manufacturing them, hotart.hk is the website where they're being sold/distributed (other than the Acme event ones), and the logo in the middle is a series name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back