• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0
Any news from the Laguna Hills or Mission Viejo stores?

Happy dollmageddon everybody! Ok well my story is yesterday was all about preparing and I went to the mall and talked to a few cast members about how there going to handle this and my biggest consern, what door will open first in my very large mall. The cast member didn't know much but told me to talk to guest services. When I asked guest services them what door opens first they told be they all open at the same time.

Being second at line at my door and only 6 people behind me, we were all collectors and very excited. After standing there for an hour, I got there at 6, the mall security finally came and we all ran up the stairs together to the Disney store. When we turned the corner we saw a line of 20 people that picked the "right door" grrrrr! We all decided to wait it out and figured there was 18 people in front of me getting the dolls. Some were collectors but I think about half of them were resellers, including a family of four that included a boy that was 10, who was pulled out of school to make a quick buck for this family that were diffiently not disney collectors (the whole time we were praying that he wouldn't be able to get the dolls and when he didn't get the cards the mom had a huge fit! But luckily the cast member handled it greatly and held her ground :) ) I was able to get my two favorites, rapunzel and jasmine :) it was actually pretty fun and we made friends with the people sitting around us (other wrong doorers :) one of the ladys in the front of the line actually bought every one starbuck coffee!

I'm sad I didn't get the other dolls, but at least I didn't leave empty handed! I'm happy for all the collectors that got their dolls and good luck to everyone on getting them tomorrow! Stay positive :)

Last edited:
Glendale Galleria

We chose the wrong mall period.

We had been contacting both security as well as the Disney Store for WEEEEEKS.
Trying to figure out the plan, if there was one, what our best chance was to get the dolls while still abiding by the rules.
They told us all along, that there was no "official" line at any entrance (which I begged them to create) and that their recommendations were to try the entrances closest to the DS (near Nordstrom) where the previous customers had had the most luck.
This was the last thing we heard at mall closing at 7PM last night.
Our wait began immediately after.

THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS.
OUR WAIT BEGAN AT 7PM ON SUNDAY NIGHT.

Around 3AM we spotted 2 people by the door from our car and we jumped out to join them in what we THOUGHT would be a line.
We were 3 & 4.
Essentially guaranteed the dolls to complete our set.

Come 4AM a security vehicle pulls up next to our little tight-knit, gung-ho ecstatic community and tells us that we are to abandon our line and join the now "official" line on the other side of the mall.

Needless to say,
we were no longer 3 & 4 in line.
We were 24 & 25.
& only ended up being able to purchase Jasmine.
& I was lucky enough to be able to trade for Aurora.

In all honesty, I am very upset with the mall security.
And as much as I understand that my birth certificate was never stamped with the large brand "FAIR",
I really feel a little robbed.
The first people in line had only been there since 12.
We were there a total 5 hours before them, and a whopping 13 hours total to only get one doll.
If I am torn to shreds over these feelings, then so be it.
But I am definetly NOT EVER going to recommend Glendale Galleria for an event such as this to anyone for any reason ever.

On a side note:
Congrats to all who acquired the dolls!
I am happy to hear quite a few had an enjoyable time and that the dolls went to loving homes :)

Last edited:
^ wow I'm sorry that really sucks! I don't understand why Disney didn't make an official line or door or something! Good luck online I really hope you can get them after all that maddness!

^ wow I'm sorry that really sucks! I don't understand why Disney didn't make an official line or door or something! Good luck online I really hope you can get them after all that maddness!

:lol:
Sounds like you had similar problems.
Which mall were you at?

& Thanks!
Are you going to try online for the rest of the dolls too?

So exactly how was Moondance supposed to get ahead of the people who claimed they were working and went through an employee entrance to be first in line. Or the poster who followed Security instructions that they had to wait across the street, only for another security person not to enforce that when others showed up?

I am entitled to my opinion and I stick by it. In regards to those 2 situations then I guess my comments dont imply as those were just sneaky people but please dont start hating on me just because I have my opinion. And my post was NOT regarded towards moondance or the other post you mentioned as more a general point of view for those who dont like the fact that they didnt get there doll.

And if you want someone to blame then point fingers at people who took the family and bought more than the 1 of each doll.

and please dont assume Im just commenting for fun, I travelled 4 hours to Dublin (8 hours in total) to get my Rapunzel and a friends Aurora doll and I have to say I just walked in, picked the dolls up and paid.

Its only in the US the dolls are being crazy for with lines, tickets etc and in my opinion all this is your own fault and have only yourself to blame no one else.

Flame me all you want for what I say but it will do no good as wont change my mind.

Last edited:
:lol:
Sounds like you had similar problems.
Which mall were you at?

& Thanks!
Are you going to try online for the rest of the dolls too?

Woodfield, in Illinois. Yes, I am also going to try and get the dolls online, my checkout hardly ever works, but fingers crossed :)

I just came on and don't know if this was posted before, but a very reliable cast member from DS told me that the brick and mortar stores [in USA] got most of the dolls in comparison to what will be available tomorrow online. He did not know the ratio, but "thought" it might be 1500 of the 6000 dolls, and maybe 800-1000 of the 4000 dolls left online. Don't shoot the messenger as he was only trying to make an "educated" guess.

He is as anxious as we all are- as no cast member in his store was allowed to purchase the dolls.

We shall see what develops tomorrow.

We still have tomorrow to get the dolls online. So don't everyone freak out yet. I have a feeling that almost all of us here will be able to get our dolls.

And for some of you that feel the need to share your opinions, it is really unnecessary unless you have something nice or useful to say.

"If You Don't Have Anything Nice To Say, Don't Say Anything At All"

Hmm, sorry don't agree.

Some of our members here were only one one customer away from getting anything - and were there plenty early enough. If you were on line a long time for something YOU wanted and overhear people in front of you brag about how they are only buying so they can sell them on ebay - you would be frustrated too. Yes, they can do as they wish, but keep it to yourself.

Have you ever heard of a company that doesn't give its employees benefits? I'd be much more concerned if they didn't get 1st chance at dolls. And the "only one customer away" can be said about the next person in line too and the next- and on and on there can always be an excuse. If I was in line, I would know that people are reselling because they are so popular. Most people here (a pin forum) are buying from trading/selling purposes. I don't know what the last sentence is trying to say, so all I'll say is "it's a forum full of opinions."

Pin people also have to deal with this, even the employee benefits. So does every collectible.

Last edited:
That's not Disney's failure, that's the mall's failure. Our mall Cast Members were told like 3 different doors to line up at, but they posted a note on the official door and it was up to security to let us in. Our security was awesome and led us in single file. Just don't blame the cast members!

So, did you get one of each? :)

We went to our mall (Del Amo) this afternoon just to ask how it went and were told that they basically had 18 each of the lower LE's and 24 each of the higher LE's and that there were WAY more people in line than there were dolls. People lined up way before 7am.. And that people were arguing about how the ds.com sale would be handled - Yikes - glad I wasn't there! :rolleyes:

I just found out my cousin got a doll for his client this morning. He was able to get a Jasmine, apparently the client didn't care which doll it was. My cousin said, "I've done black Friday, I've done sports lines and this was much crazier than those!"

"Yes, they can do as they wish, but keep it to yourself" meaning - Yes people can buy all the dolls and sell them on ebay, but for them to brag as they are waiting on line about buying them just to sell later is so rude. No one likes a bragger in that sense - so they should keep that info to themself. I have had to pay double or more for an item so I know how it is also.
Yes, we are all entitled to our opinions but stating people on here are "crazy" is going beyond opinion and putting down the members of this board. We've all wanted that certain item that was hard to get, and it's certainly frustrating to Just miss out, but even the people on here who missed out today have not been as harsh in what they have said about the resellers so far.

I was told by my friend that manages that the cast members will only be allowed to buy the ones without COA , another words the diplay model . Worse comes to worse, I'd take one if offered if she can get an extra Punzy . But then again the numbers seemed odd , 7 of this 12 of that . I'm hoping for tomorrow, I'm going to even have my old Dell fired up with Jim's info . Now I never ordered the doll, how does this wprk, should I have my info stored . And if someone that has a Rapunzel already, but are ordering another doll, pleazzzzz think of me , I also need Aurora for a friend here on the forum . Thank You
Have you ever heard of a company that doesn't give its employees benefits? I'd be much more concerned if they didn't get 1st chance at dolls. And the "only one customer away" can be said about the next person in line too and the next- and on and on there can always be an excuse. If I was in line, I would know that people are reselling because they are so popular. Most people here (a pin forum) are buying from trading/selling purposes. I don't know what the last sentence is trying to say, so all I'll say is "it's a forum full of opinions."

Pin people also have to deal with this, even the employee benefits. So does every collectible.

"Yes, they can do as they wish, but keep it to yourself" meaning - Yes people can buy all the dolls and sell them on ebay, but for them to brag as they are waiting on line about buying them just to sell later is so rude. No one likes a bragger in that sense - so they should keep that info to themself. I have had to pay double or more for an item so I know how it is also.
Yes, we are all entitled to our opinions but stating people on here are "crazy" is going beyond opinion and putting down the members of this board. We've all wanted that certain item that was hard to get, and it's certainly frustrating to Just miss out, but even the people on here who missed out today have not been as harsh in what they have said about the resellers so far.

what?? people took offense to me saying you are all crazy... yet we are on a pin forum where I am also crazy for what I spend on pins and I wouldnt be offended by just the word. Its just a word and I think we are all crazy in regards to anything we like. It was not meant as anything more so than a simple word. and if people want to look into it more then so be it.

I do not see the difference. People getting on line to buy DS pins and sets then selling and trading them for $$ over what they payed for them. I get these dolls and resell them to pay off my past pin purchases, gas, food, a dinner next friday, afford christmas gift this year.

All i hear is i took a doll from you (not you specifically) but you were not at my mall. you were not up at 2 am you were not part of the sunday morning pin releases where you could get trampled on.

stop the hate. just get up an extra 2 hours early and you may have gotten one. oh thats right Disney just posted that they were on sale today. my bad.

oh just letting you know they are on sale on DS.com on tuesday. heads up!

already sold some but still have a

poco
rapun
jaz

for sale that is or will trade for a belle or ariel

Last edited:
This thread is not for arguing...
It's for Doll Discussion!
Anyone else have any notable experiences in their respective malls?

We had a really nice cop.
It was funny to see her in full uniform lined up with us :)

oh Im not argueing just pointing out I didnt say anything to come across as being mean.

I did have a nice day out to get my 2 dolls and Im glad it was not as hectic as you all had to deal with. I just walked in picked them up and left. which is how it should have been for everyone to avoid the un-needed stress of it all.

Last edited:
there were 25 people in my mall until 7 then everyone came in about 55 people in the end. it was peaceful and ran nicely.

the mall security was telling everyone that was walking by that asked what the line was for, he replied that Michelle Obama was making an appearance at the Disney Store.

The Montebello Mall was awesome and the Manager spoke to each individually and polite and stayed in the rules that she had in her hand at all times.

Last edited:
I do not see the difference. People getting on line to buy DS pins and sets then selling and trading them for $$ over what they payed for them. I get these dolls and resell them to pay off my past pin purchases, gas, food, a dinner next friday, afford christmas gift this year.

All i hear is i took a doll from you (not you specifically) but you were not at my mall. you were not up at 2 am you were not part of the sunday morning pin releases where you could get trampled on.

stop the hate. just get up an extra 2 hours early and you may have gotten one. oh thats right Disney just posted that they were on sale today. my bad.

oh just letting you know they are on sale on DS.com on tuesday. heads up!

already sold some but still have a

poco
rapun
jaz

for sale that is or will trade for a belle or ariel

I have a Belle and will trade for Rapunzel. Please let me know.

Well, it's 9:00pm here in Dallas, Texas and still no word from Disney about the online release time. Thankfully I have tomorrow off so I'll be manning my laptop all night long! I just want Aurora!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back