• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Ironman Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Ironman Update
) now if DSF can just raise edition sizes on popular releases (or heck all of them at this point bc so many newer RESELLERS have entered the hobby)

There, I fixed it for you. This hobby always had resellers. But the resellers are sort of a necessary part so people can, if they want to, buy the pins. A few sets out there are fine. Helps establish a value, helps out people that couldn't make it or don't have much to trade for a better pin. But when 50% or more of a pin is going straight to eBay or DPF just to cash in, that's a problem.

Brave yesterday was clear more than ever it's all about money. So many people were calling family members to come buy pins. So many people in line that had no clue what a pin even was, doesn't own any, couldn't tell you Merida or Elinore's name. They were just told to show up and buy it. Often getting a $20 bill from their friend/family member on the spot. Most on their lunch breaks. Everyone was on their phone trying to find more people to come. I had to take off 3.5 hours in the middle of a work day to get the pins. The PTD was the only one I actually needed/wanted.

But there were all the usual suspects waiting for the PTD to change. They were jokeying for position in line to figure out where the cut off might be for the next one to start. It got to the point where they had to let people who hadn't bought LGM go in front of them because they recycled back in line too early. I left before Rolly came out, but like the last few, once people found out it wasn't a great character on the PTD, I bet many left. They are only there to see if profit is possible. Like the people that would rip off their wristbands once a surprise pin wasn't announced. DSF is turning into a sideshow. They need to pull their heads out of the sand and realize what's going on and find a way to fix it. Up edition sizes, especially for popular characters. Heck, up pin prices to eat into their profits. These people won't stop bringing more and more in until the supply/demand normailizes. And that won't happen unless they up edition sizes or put our the worst pins anyone has ever seen. I'm waiting for the next Tinkerbell Fairy type release to come when all the resellers and opportunists come to buy the pins out and they get stuck with them and they turn into duds.

Last edited:
Yeah. I don't live on the west coast so this doesn't directly affect me but this sucks.......

There, I fixed it for you. This hobby always had resellers. But the resellers are sort of a necessary part so people can, if they want to, buy the pins. A few sets out there are fine. Helps establish a value, helps out people that couldn't make it or don't have much to trade for a better pin. But when 50% or more of a pin is going straight to eBay or DPF just to cash in, that's a problem.

Brave yesterday was clear more than ever it's all about money. So many people were calling family members to come buy pins. So many people in line that had no clue what a pin even was, doesn't own any, couldn't tell you Merida or Elinore's name. They were just told to show up and buy it. Often getting a $20 bill from their friend/family member on the spot. Most on their lunch breaks. Everyone was on their phone trying to find more people to come. I had to take off 3.5 hours in the middle of a work day to get the pins. The PTD was the only one I actually needed/wanted.

But there were all the usual suspects waiting for the PTD to change. They were jokeying for position in line to figure out where the cut off might be for the next one to start. It got to the point where they had to let people who hadn't bought LGM go in front of them because they recycled back in line too early. I left before Rolly came out, but like the last few, once people found out it wasn't a great character on the PTD, I bet many left. They are only there to see if profit is possible. Like the people that would rip off their wristbands once a surprise pin wasn't announced. DSF is turning into a sideshow. They need to pull their heads out of the sand and realize what's going on and find a way to fix it. Up edition sizes, especially for popular characters. Heck, up pin prices to eat into their profits. These people won't stop bringing more and more in until the supply/demand normailizes. And that won't happen unless they up edition sizes or put our the worst pins anyone has ever seen. I'm waiting for the next Tinkerbell Fairy type release to come when all the resellers and opportunists come to buy the pins out and they get stuck with them and they turn into duds.[/QUOTE]

But there were all the usual suspects waiting for the PTD to change. They were jokeying for position in line to figure out where the cut off might be for the next one to start. It got to the point where they had to let people who hadn't bought LGM go in front of them because they recycled back in line too early. I left before Rolly came out, but like the last few, once people found out it wasn't a great character on the PTD, I bet many left. They are only there to see if profit is possible. Like the people that would rip off their wristbands once a surprise pin wasn't announced. DSF is turning into a sideshow. They need to pull their heads out of the sand and realize what's going on and find a way to fix it. Up edition sizes, especially for popular characters. Heck, up pin prices to eat into their profits. These people won't stop bringing more and more in until the supply/demand normailizes. And that won't happen unless they up edition sizes or put our the worst pins anyone has ever seen. I'm waiting for the next Tinkerbell Fairy type release to come when all the resellers and opportunists come to buy the pins out and they get stuck with them and they turn into duds.

This times a million and one.

I cannot express the frustration of being a pin trader located in the middle of no where.

I am an avid collector of Brave. I didn't even get a chance at the mothers day pin. No one was trading or selling for a reasonable price.
No one that I know who collects Brave and who DOESN'T live next to the soda fountain even got offered the pin in a trade / reasonable sale.

It really makes me sick to see people with SIX pins that were limited to ONE per person, then they just go and sell them for "ebay prices"
I'm not saying you should sell AT COST, you can add in some for your time, etc ... BUT REALLY $100 FOR A ROLLY(Rollie?) PTD.

The only reason I am getting the pin now is because Darris offered to get me the pin. (Thank you!)

Honestly, people are disgusting me with these pins. The geed has gone way to far.

It honestly makes me want to quit posting on the forums, and other pin groups.

Yes, I understand there are still honest people who actually want to help out.. but this isn't directed at them-

this is to the people who resell for outrageous prices, hype up releases, and are not for higher LE sizes because the pin will be worth less.

Also, this is not just for people who go to DSF, this is to all the people who do this with any pins... DS.UK / DS.COM / WDW / HKDL / DLR / WHATEVER

What ever happened to wanting a pin because you liked the character, movie, artwork? It seems everyone wants a pin because it's "hot" right now. Just to say they have it, or again to re-sell it.

This times a million and one.

I cannot express the frustration of being a pin trader located in the middle of no where.

I am an avid collector of Brave. I didn't even get a chance at the mothers day pin. No one was trading or selling for a reasonable price.
No one that I know who collects Brave and who DOESN'T live next to the soda fountain even got offered the pin in a trade / reasonable sale.

It really makes me sick to see people with SIX pins that were limited to ONE per person, then they just go and sell them for "ebay prices"
I'm not saying you should sell AT COST, you can add in some for your time, etc ... BUT REALLY $100 FOR A ROLLY(Rollie?) PTD.

The only reason I am getting the pin now is because Darris offered to get me the pin. (Thank you!)

Honestly, people are disgusting me with these pins. The geed has gone way to far.

It honestly makes me want to quit posting on the forums, and other pin groups.

Yes, I understand there are still honest people who actually want to help out.. but this isn't directed at them-

this is to the people who resell for outrageous prices, hype up releases, and are not for higher LE sizes because the pin will be worth less.

Also, this is not just for people who go to DSF, this is to all the people who do this with any pins... DS.UK / DS.COM / WDW / HKDL / DLR / WHATEVER

What ever happened to wanting a pin because you liked the character, movie, artwork? It seems everyone wants a pin because it's "hot" right now. Just to say they have it, or again to re-sell it.

I have never liked Brave, Jenna, any Of our DSF Brave pins are yours! LOL (;

Yeah, no unofficial lining up my %#. Easily 200 people here already. I don't know if I'll be able to stay here for the second wrist band. DAMMIT!!

Yeah, no unofficial lining up my %#. Easily 200 people here already. I don't know if I'll be able to stay here for the second wrist band. DAMMIT!!

Thats why I didn't go. I heard that there were over 100 in line as of 10pm last night. It's just not worth the fight to me.

Thinking that no one will line up for LE300 pins, just because DSF says so, is a bit naive. The low LE creates so much competition that people will find ways to get these pins. Rules will be bent, when there is no possible way to enforce them. If I didn't have to work, I'd be out there too. Because I know that showing up early is the ONLY way, given the low LE, that I could possibly have a shot; even at one per person.

If I didn't have to work, I'd be out there too. Because I know that showing up early is the ONLY way, given the low LE, that I could possibly have a shot; even at one per person.

I thought you were boycotting DSF. The early line up doesn't bother me as much, but if they gave out more than the 100 wristbands they were supposed to hand out, it makes it pointless to try to go to the afternoon lineup. They've effectively encourage the breaking of their own rules. Why make the rules at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back