• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Ironman Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Ironman Update
I thought you were boycotting DSF. The early line up doesn't bother me as much, but if they gave out more than the 100 wristbands they were supposed to hand out, it makes it pointless to try to go to the afternoon lineup. They've effectively encourage the breaking of their own rules. Why make the rules at all?

I still haven't gone back since the Beloved Tales, so I've been doing a decent job of boycotting DSF so far. Obviously, I'm thinking about going back now, but it's a lot easier to make excuses not to go than to rearrange my schedule so I can go.

I don't care for the pins as much as some people and I could take it or leave it, based on the pins. I do enjoy the people though, as I love just listening to all the conversations and enjoying the generally fun atmosphere.

And you are right. DSF constantly finds ways to last minute modify their rules. But in this case, what's the point of having those people wait around off property? EVERYONE, including their own security staff, must have told them that a TON of people were going to show up for this release. But management seems to be either in denial or delights in the amount of people who show up for their product. It was far safer, and probably a strong recommendation by the police (who I heard were out there again), to disperse the crowd by handing out the second batch of 100 wristbands.

I'm a proponent of safety and it is a large reason why I won't go back until they figure out how to better manage their lines, eliminate their lines, or just come up with policies that make it safe for those people who want to buy their product. I've preached that they need to either drastically raise the LE sizes on all their known popular characters (which by sales numbers and time to sell out should give them a BIG clue) or go to a lottery system so they won't have to worry about lines all over the place off property.

I took these comments off of the Facebook Group for Soda Fountain...:facepalm:

Facebook User said:
Well... They ended up taking 20 people from the unofficial line that camped out and then took 5 from the people "who followed the rules".

Facebook User said:
The people that got there at 6:00 formed a group apart from the campers. A fight actually broke out and caused lots of drama... Ed came out to see what was going on and then made a decision that they would do 20:5.

This is crazy... People are sooooo going to be stuck with these pins lol

Oh I would love to know why the police were out. :facepalm:

Ooh, that was fun. As soon as we arrived at DSF, there was a fight. Great way to start the day. Take a guess who was in the fight.

YoSoy - they handed out the first 200 and still missed you?

Yep. We are about the 20ith 21st people in the 1pm line. Oh well, at least we'll get the pins!

Oh I would love to know why the police were out. :facepalm:

Same person as before, this time pushed a baby. Like a 4month old in his mothers arms. Said perp was handcuffed but eventually let go. People tried to hush it up and not say what happened so they wouldn't cancel the release. I arrived as the police told the mother "we are going to arrest him" and then watched about 10min later when they let him out. Apparently he was shaking the "unofficial" lines clipboard list of names and order at the other "right on time" line people. Also allegedly, the "right on time" people supposedly kicked him or at him.

Last edited:
I know I shouldn't find it amusing, but I can't help but think that DSF created the idea that multiple lines were ok and that if you pushed and clawed your way to the front of wristband distribution, it was fine by DSF and they actually rewarded you for it. I don't get why Ed would favor one line over the other and NOT do a 50/50 split for who was allowed to get wristbands first. Same thing happened at the Beloved Tales release and then at this one. It is long past due for a lottery system.

Ooh, that was fun. As soon as we arrived at DSF, there was a fight. Great way to start the day. Take a guess who was in the fight.

Yep. We are about the 20ith 21st people in the 1pm line. Oh well, at least we'll get the pins!

Hold on what?! They released 200 wristbands already?

you know, Im starting to think that living here in FL aint so bad at all,

yeah we dont got MOG or DSF,
We dont got Disney Family Museum
We dont have nearly this much drama,,,,,

Wait I get it now..... It Hollywood, everything has more drama , right???

Its not?

ok look , you have the cool releases, the camping in the alley<for the rite or wrong line?WTH>the fistfights and the arrest,,,,,Im gonna go to New Fanasyland and ride the rides and have a LeFluer float, and then head to Studios and do Star tours and Toy story abunch of times, maybe have a burger at the Sci fi theater, and go to epcot check out the flora and fauna, esp at Flower and Garden show,,,,,,, you know....

have fun at Disney stuff like Uncle Walt intended.....................

Technically, 6 AMers were there too early and are only slightly less guilty of bending the rules as the campers. Why they were favored over the campers is still a mystery and only causes more problems. This has to stop.

Lottery. Lottery. Lottery. Otherwise, there will always be lines and the violence has the potential to escalate more and more.

Why are they so reluctant to implement such an obvious fix?

I personally am glad all the people who got there at 6 am got their wristbands. Lol
6 AMers!!!! HAHAHAA

Not al, the 6 am got it but all the campers Did ;) 200 was all we needed with a line of 130 @ 3 when I went to sleep so we all got in just in time

Those Hollywood streets are trouble. Look what happened to my girl lindsay Lohan.....hooking for pins is just not right. But these pins are hot, manly, and sexy I wouldn't mine hooking for them

I took these comments off of the Facebook Group for Soda Fountain...:facepalm:

This is crazy... People are sooooo going to be stuck with these pins lol

They originally were gonna do 30:1, so only 6 of the 6:30 line would have made it. Overheard Ed and the cops say that.

After they decided 20:5 the overnighters sent people from their line to cut into the 6:30 line so they'd take up spots for the 6:30 people. 1 got caught and sent back, 2 made it through, in front of me.

Last edited:
Same person as before, this time pushed a baby. Like a 4month old in his mothers arms. Said perp was handcuffed but eventually let go. People tried to hush it up and not say what happened so they wouldn't cancel the release. I arrived as the police told the mother "we are going to arrest him" and then watched about 10min later when they let him out. Apparently he was shaking the "unofficial" lines clipboard list of names and order at the other "right on time" line people. Also allegedly, the "right on time" people supposedly kicked him or at him.

I think this person should be kicked off this board and the people he is selling to on this board should stop buying from him.

I think this person should be kicked off this board and the people he is selling to on this board should stop buying from him.

Oh, after last airing of his laundry, I am not sure who would buy from him :dunno: I certainly did not know about him before my experience.

As Eric says, SO-NOT the Disney difference :(

I personally am glad all the people who got there at 6 am got their wristbands. Lol
6 AMers!!!! HAHAHAA

A good number of us who arrived this morning did not go to the front of the line and did not get wrist bands. We're standing in line and luckily we'll be the first 300 to get the full set of pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back