• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSS Pin Trader Sundae is:: Snow White 1/22/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSS Pin Trader Sundae is:: Snow White 1/22/14
At the end of the Haunted Mansion Holiday, Oogie stands there and offers you a spin of his wheel of tricks or treats.

Apparently GSS spun the wheel for us and gave us all tricks because they're all error pins. It wasn't an LE of 500... it was 5,000. :wat:

(this is a joke. Do not take this seriously.)

Last edited:
1477453_10152130425351271_520690897_n.jpg

Picture credit to Pinformation? I think? Will edit with correction if I'm wrong

Yes, Felix is out already :( I'm so sad...I didn't get one. DOES ANYONE HAVE AN EXTRA?!?!? PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Here's the dumb, stupid next PTD that's not nearly as good as Felix (jk, I'm not trying to offend any Fantasia lovers) Photo credit goes to Ozzie:

720x389.jpeg.da1c2a5051790131d1a922000a2d0abb.large

I collect both Wreck-it Ralph and Dance of the Hours, so I love both of these pins. Where I think the Felix pin looks a bit off/weird though, I can honestly say that the Hyacinth Hippo pin is perfect. It is beyond perfect. It is probably the nicest PTD I've ever seen. I have loved this character for many years, and I don't think they've ever done a pin that catches both her dainty and graceful posture along with her sheer sexiness as well as this one has.

Yes, I said she is sexy. Hyacinth, like the much more popular and equally fabulous Ursula, is proof that big is beautiful. That's just one of the many reasons why I love this gorgeous hippo. :) I just hope that I'm able to get this stunning pin sometime soon.

I think you can stop and just make this statement. :lol: I have never seen so many botched releases and complete miss guesses on what is popular and what is not.

I would soon agree but after speaking to Ed and Adi at non releases where they are pulled many ways to answer some dumb questions sometimes, they are given the headaches for the pin selections and designs that are really not in their control. The LE 400 was a given. Things had to change as more people are able to attend and with "friends" and family now due to the Voucher program.

There is a 3 month turnaround from design/character selection to release date. DSS is at the hands of the owners of the characters or movies. The recent Thor release was a fail. Marvel did not give any designs submitted an OK and were given the pins that we saw at the release. The same thing goes for any Pixar pins. Pixar is the hardest to get an OK from as they are the most strict with their OK button. It is surprising that NBC has so many pins given an OK for as Tim Burton personally must OK the pin design. This pin was never released and DSFSS stated that they did not ever make it. It was found out that they did create this pin so less than 5 pins exist in the DSFSS Vault. It was cancelled due to Tim Burton did not like Jack's eyes. They were not glasses and therefore his eyes would never look like this. It was actually "stolen" and sold on eBay.

There are many pins that are submitted due to DSS reading our post on these Forums about DSS pin releases and what we actually want and what we tell the now DSS staff. So don't get mad at DSS as they are listening to us but also their hands are tied.

Now about the recent New Years release, go ahead and yell at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back