• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! I Cried Yesterday!! Too Many Grails at Once!!

ZAPPED! I Cried Yesterday!! Too Many Grails at Once!!

ElysionsPrincess

Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Okay, so, I was at my college dorm, and my mom was texting me complaining that I had about six packages that come in the course of two days. She was really confused because that normally doesn't happen (she thought maybe I entered a drug ring!! Oh, mother...pins are kind or drugs I guess!). I came home for the weekend to do laundry and buy groceries, and I opened all of these packages!! I was really surprised at two of the things inside! :D (the others were trades or purchases!)

Darris (Rasputin) had told me what he was zapping me with. I cried when he told me he was getting it for me, and I cried again when I opened it. This pin has a LOT of sentimental meaning to me. I lost my father at a very young age, and whenever I watch Mulan, my heart always aches. I want to know what its like to have a father say: "The greatest gift and honor, is having you for a daughter". I have been looking for this pin for a while now, but every time it was on eBay it was just too expensive for my poor college bones!! I am more than extremely grateful to receive this pin! I will cherish it forever!!

This was me when I opened the package:

tumblr_mhjfbz72l21s0bdy2o2_500.gif

Then:

tumblr_inline_mhihwiD42i1rrpsd7.gif

It is just so beautiful!!

DSCN3857.JPG

THANK YOU SO MUCH DARRIS~!!! :D

I am going to start working on my "Mulan and Fa Zhou" shadow box soon! I just was fortunate enough to add this beauty to my collection as well:
DSCN3860.JPG

Now I am only missing two Mulan and Fa Zhou pins that have been created, to my knowledge! I think a small little shadow box will be a great tribute to my dad! :D This is going to be such a fun project!

THEN

I had been receiving mysterious messages from Aragorn for a few days. I was asked if I had received any packages, and I didn't know at that point! Needless to say, I was a little curious!! I had just helped CheshireCat (Charlie) win the Brave Logo pin in an auction, because it was one of her grails and I knew she wanted it so very badly! I had no chance, and I wanted a good friend to get it! And together, we won! I was so happy for Charlie! But then, Darris said he was going to zap Charlie with the Brave Logo Pin!! Funny when grails collide! If figured Charlie would just get an awesome trader...never did I think:

I opened the package and went:
tumblr_me5p5vv91C1qcu3v4o1_500.gif

DSCN3858.JPG

I never imagined I would ever, ever own this pin. I cried when opening this one as well (I am an emotional person!!). This is one of the hardest Brave pins in my opinion, especially for someone like me who is in Michigan and so very far away from the parks, with like, no traders! The prices on eBay were just to high for me, and if it was lower, I still didn't have the funds! I just figured perhaps it wasn't meant to be!

Aragorn, thank you so, SO much for sending this pin to me! I cannot express my gratitude properly in words!!!

tumblr_inline_mfo39dE8bc1r4rqj2.gif

And thank you to Charlie for letting it get here, and thank you to Darris for getting one for Charlie! I wouldn't have it if it weren't for all of you!

I just can't comprehend the kindness here. I'm going to break!! I WILL be pinning it forward...and I shall extract my revenge upon you all!!

Congrats...Larry wants me to get those pins too...as he said I remind him of Mulan and the BRAVE would be cause I have always been Brave

Congrats you deserve them all

Judy

=(
Thanks for sharing your story ..... so touching. I know how you feel when you get a pin that is so sentimental to you. I am the same way. Up is my collection and it means so much they mean so much to me too. I saw the movie up and it that is how I started collecting up for me and my husband. Hope to meet you one day. There is a Mulan Soda Fountain pin coming out next week. It is awesome it is the Marquee. I will see if I can get it or trade for it. I live 15 minutes drive from Disneyland. We keet it touch. Take care til next time.

Oh wow congratulations, those are some really wonderful pins, both in appearance and in sentimental value. I'm so happy for you!

You cried? That means Darris likes you! ;)

Congrats!!!!!! I can see how much this pin means to you and the brave logo as well!!!!! This is so wonderful!! So happy for you!!!

Last edited:
Congrats Alexandra! Fa Zhou and Mulan are so cute (I know, I got my grail zap from docfish2u!)

P.S. You almost gave me a heart attack when I saw that gif with Mulan pouring the tea onto the table, I was like, are you kidding me, there's a PODM with THAT scene?! AGH!!!

Sorry to scare you Li!! Lol. Don't pass out!

Thank you so much everyone! I just realized, some of you know my name, but I don't know yours!! Please feel free to add me as a friend and chat and such! :D

Congrats Alex!! I know that I too love the kindness and generosity on this forum and you totally deserve it. And awesome job for all those who helped alex get her grails that was amazing of you all to do so :)

Back