• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! The Biggest and Most Overdue zap THANK YOU thread EVER! <3 <3 <3

ZAPPED! The Biggest and Most Overdue zap THANK YOU thread EVER! <3 <3 <3

PrincessxJasmine89

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Opening Apology and Disclaimer:
Hey guys! :wavey:

I haven't been around too much in the past few months due to finals for school and other issues, so firstly, I apologize that this is so late... my life has been completely and utterly crazy recently... I apologize to anyone I mention in this thread who thought I didn't appreciate their kindness or didn't receive their zap- this definitely wasn't the case, and I am SO sorry :facepalm:

Also, some zaps are missing 'actual pin' photos- this is because my camera is broken, and the ones which do have pictures were taken a while ago when I first intended to post this, but life always got in the way- I still appreciate your zaps all the same! :D:hug:

:shock:

Oh. My. Goodness.

In the past few months, I have been the recipient of many zaps of a lifetime... I feel like my pin life is complete! I can't believe I am actually finding the words to type this! :lol: The kindness of so many people (some complete strangers) on the forum amazes me.... I love the DPF community! <3 :hug: Now, on with the zap stories! :D

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I remember when I got an LBE in the mail one day, and I looked at the return address but didn't recognise it, but I DID see DarkWing Duck on the sticker, and we all know who collects DarkWing Duck! ;) Inside the envelope I found 2 ADORABLE Jasmine pins I'd been missing, as well as one of those famous beautiful ZAP notes... thank you nWoJeffDW, you rock!!! ^_^

DSCF1689_zps318a7186.jpg

Then, a few days later an LBE arrived covered in Jasmine stickers- I knew it was for me, even if I didn't recognise the return address on this one, either! :lol: Inside I found an adorable Hello Kitty note, and a beautiful Auctions Blue Line Aurora, which I was zapped with by Lizard1515! Thank you SO much- she is sooo pretty! :drool: Definitely one of my new favourite Aurora pins! :)

DSCF1688_zps5646e6ed.jpg

About a week later, the mailman brought a package from the wonderful MerlinEmrys, which included a Japan Aladdin pin I'd been drooling over recently -YAY! :) Thanks so so SOOO much to Echo (echoharmony) for trading for this on my behalf- such a sweet gesture, and I appreciate it a lot! :hug: <3

Also inside was perhaps the BEST handmade item I've ever been given... ever! :eek2:

Here she is, made entirely out of felt by hand! OMG, you are so insanely talented... I ADORE HER, thanks MerlinEmrys!!! :D

DSCF1690_zpsb7e6e2c1.jpg

Right before my WDW vacation I made a trade with the amazing Dawny, who was very thoughtful and zapped me with an extra Genie pin- thank youuuu, Dawny! :D He is sooo cute, and the first standalone Genie pin I have! :)

pin714

For my vacation to WDW, I needed some good affordable lanyard traders... I ordered some packs from jadestarr, who always works to keep lanyard traders affordable and scrapper free! :bigthumb: Amongst my booster packs, I found an extra set of Duffy pins- I love them, they're SO cute and are a great reminder of my vacation- thanks so much, Jadestarr! ^_^

pin84522

Close to my birthday on another popular pin forum, I got a PM from a member I'd only ever heard of, but never traded before... it was to my complete surprise when I read it that they had one of my signature grails and wanted to zap it to me! :eek2: By this time, I was overwhelmed by the zap love going around within the pin community! I passed my address on, and about a week later this BEAUTIFUL DA LE 100 Aladdin pin arrived!

pin17816

THANK YOU SO MUCH, PeachyShades! Honestly, I think this is in the top 3 Aladdin pins I own- the art on it is faultless and it's so colourful and perfect- it is definitely one of the stars of my Aladdin corkboard! <3

Now THIS zap was completely unexpected and out of the blue! I have tried countless times to get my hands on a Designer Jasmine- always too expensive/too soon/too HTF/too popular/too SOMETHING- I considered taking her off my signature and just adding her to my pin pipedream list :lol: This is where the amazing ThatCrazyPinGirl (or should I say AliceAddict? ;) ) comes in- she PMs me saying she remembers our attempted trade last Summer for Designer Jasmine, and just wants me to have her- WHAT!?!?!? You're kidding me, right?! :shock: On my birthday, I received the LBE that contained her in all her glory <3 She is beautiful!!!!! Thank you SO much Becca, this means more to me than you'll ever know! :)

pin85999

Here, we get to the kfjjdhgjka;lgsdfghjklfdsdfghjklgfdsjkl RIDICULOUS zap that would have maked me stop pin trading if I didn't love it as a hobby so much :lol:

At LE 50 and both from framed sets, I never ever ever EVER dreamed I'd ever even get to see these pins in person- little did I know I'd actually OWN them! I haven't been trading/collecting long, but these have both been at the very top of my wants list from the beginning of my interest in pins... so how did they find their way into my collection?

I got a PM from TheOtherSteve titled "You are now surrounded by magic from Agrabah"- I was like YAY! :hsd: What could this mean!?

Reading the PM, it told me to make 2 wishes- any pin wish I ever make is related to these 2 pins and their respective framed sets, but I never ever ever ever EVER thought my wish would actually come true! They made their way to me in a HUGE shipping box, and Christmas/my birthday definitely came early when they arrived! :lol: I opened the box and found these (excuse my Rajah and Hamish plushies photobombing in the background :lol:)...

DSCF1700_zps01f04399.jpg

DSCF1699_zps88143a37.jpg

DSCF1698_zpsb538dac5.jpg

AND HERE SHE IS... MY HOLIEST OF HOLY GRAILS!!!!!

DSCF1701_zpsa57cc9ef.jpg

I hugged the frames and screamed/cried/was hysterical- this .gif is pretty darn accurate! :lol:

tumblr_mmjv09JeTq1qafnwko1_250.gif

And then I added them to my PinPics.

And then I died some more.

After that, I hung them on my wall.

And THEEEEEEN...

I died some more.

They now hang very proudly on my wall amongst my other boards, where they are never leaving this tower... EVER! :hsd:

Steve, you have helped me immeasurably with my collection over the past year or so- I have no way or words to thank you for what you've done for me and the whole of the DPF community- you are so completely and utterly AMAZING! :D Big big hugs from the UK, maybe one day I can gather enough magicalness to repay your kindness (although that'd be a lot to measure up to! :lol: ) :hug:

Here concludes my zap journey for the past few months, thanks to everyone herein who's made it so special for me! :D From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU. :hug:

-PrincessxJasmine89 x

Last edited:
congrats! those are some amazing zaps.
you should update your signature ^^

Last edited:
Thanks! ^_^

Yes, my signature needs updating desperately LOL... when I get a spare moment I'll probably make a newer one :) Yours is adorable! :D I love Mushu, he is hilarious LOL! :lol:
aw, thanks ^^ it's pretty simple, since i don't have access to photoshop right now (stuck working with paint ^^; ) but it does the job. yours is lovely

Oh my good God of all that is good and holy!!!!!!! That felt Jasmine is just amazing!! And both framed sets!! Wow, I really can't even process that right now. Just...wow! You are one lucky ducky chickadee, girlie! Biiiiiig, giant, huge congrats to you! This must be the best, most awesomest bunch of zaps ever! Wow, wow, wow!

So, so amazingly awesome! WTG Becca, Steve and the other generous and kind zappers. Congrats on getting your holiest of holies!

I died for you when I read this thread! That's awesome!! Congrats on your grails!!! They look great in their frames!

Last edited:
I'm so happy for you :) You were a wonderful friend all last summer! We had such a great trade set up but my real life kicked in and I fell off the face of the forum lol I'm so glad that I got back on! I missed this place a whole lot! <3 Hopefully now that you have a bit more free time on your hands we can get back to PMing regularly :)

Thanks for all the congratulatory messages, everyone! :D You're all wonderful! :hug:

I'm so happy for you :) You were a wonderful friend all last summer! We had such a great trade set up but my real life kicked in and I fell off the face of the forum lol I'm so glad that I got back on! I missed this place a whole lot! <3 Hopefully now that you have a bit more free time on your hands we can get back to PMing regularly :)

Thanks Becca, you too! <3 I miss our PM comversations LOL, after my last exam on Thursday I'll definitely be able to get back into the swing of pins and PMing LOL <3 You rock! <3

I've also missed this forum a lot, too! I've been lurking and checking out all the new releases, but I am SO ready to dive back into pin collecting very soon- YAY! :D <3 :hug:

I think I just about fell out of my chair over those last few! My word! Huge congratulations to you and how amazingly awesome of people here to do such sweet things. Those LE50 frames, omgosh! They are to die for! I know you proudly hung those where you would see them every day! That is amazing! Way to go zappers for being so very good hearted!

I just...wow! Congratulations on the AMAZING zaps! Wish I was that lucky!

Back