• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2019 pin releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actual footage of me at today’s Sorcerer Mickey Window of Magic release...

28c5a25fc6254187fc3fb2f2bef6c54e.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confession: I have never seen Hocus Pocus

Oh, that should change. And I don't mean in the "Oh this old movie I love is just soooooo good because of nostalgia and, upon a re-watch, frankly doesn't hold up but I don't cste because I loved it soooo much as a kid" kind of way.

I mean it really, actually is a good movie. Russ just saw it last year for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed himself. Which alone is a testament. XD

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Confession: I have never seen Hocus Pocus

Me, neither, actually. I have it on the DVR. I think my issue is that I'm afraid it's one of those movies that, if you miss your chance to see it when you're younger, you don't appreciate it as much as an adult (no nostalgic attachment).

Either way, I'm still going to give it a chance, just in case it's timeless, like Clue.

Oh, that should change. And I don't mean in the "Oh this old movie I love is just soooooo good because of nostalgia and, upon a re-watch, frankly doesn't hold up but I don't cste because I loved it soooo much as a kid" kind of way.

I mean it really, actually is a good movie. Russ just saw it last year for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed himself. Which alone is a testament. XD

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

OMG, I typed my comment before reading your reply...LOL.

Me, neither, actually. I have it on the DVR. I think my issue is that I'm afraid it's one of those movies that, if you miss your chance to see it when you're younger, you don't appreciate it as much as an adult (no nostalgic attachment).

Either way, I'm still going to give it a chance, just in case it's timeless, like Clue.

I haven’t seen Clue either...
414473c34ecc2cbf736fdd526c220070.gif

Clue and Hot Fuzz are my comedy faves. Clue's pacing and witty dialogue are just so on point.
I love Clue! I'll have to check out Hot Fuzz. My other favorite like that is Oscar (with Sylvester Stallone). Not everyone likes it, but I always giggle and am constantly quoting it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I love Clue! I'll have to check out Hot Fuzz. My other favorite like that is Oscar (with Sylvester Stallone). Not everyone likes it, but I always giggle and am constantly quoting it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Oscar is great! I love Hot Fuzz, too. Another go-to for me that's in this vein is Noises Off. Classic.

The bus driver’s offer to the saunderson sisters alone is worth the price of admission in Hocus Pocus. ;)

I think if you get to Hocus Pocus at this point as a new viewer, you will find there is fun stuff to appreciate amongst the 90's Disney Channel-type silliness. And you'll finally be able to get the references. I wouldn't expect anyone to love it anew, but there's fun to be had in seeing it. Amuck amuck amuck! :)

I just watched it last year on Halloween and its one of those really corny movies that is totally worth watching every year when the season rolls around.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back