• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Frozen Hype: The Poll

What is your Frozen Collecting plan?

• I plan on being a Frozen completist

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • I will collect Frozen but do not plan on being a completist

Votes: 18 14.4%
  • I may collect a few pins, the ones I like or a single character

Votes: 50 40.0%
  • I plan on acquiring Frozen pins for traders, not to collect

Votes: 18 14.4%
  • I'm not interested in all, not for traders or collecting

Votes: 16 12.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frozen Hype: The Poll
I enjoyed watching the trailer for the film & so have said we should go and see it in the few days before we go to DLP. Firstly to get us in the Disney Christmassy spirit for our trip. Secondly because I want to see if I enjoy the film & engage with the characters enough to want to buy any of the pins. I'm so so particular with pin designs :)
Sometimes though I decide based on the pins themselves as they don't always look like the character they portray.

On the subject of the film itself; it could have a big hype at release & then decrease or it could hold its popularity. It should also be careful bit to be classed purely as a Christmas/winter film or people will only watch it from November.

Frozen will be the new Little Mermaid with snow.Mark my words...These pins will cost a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$600+ willshow @DSF LOL.....

Definitely at the start it will, the true test is whether or not it will end up like Brave. Huge at first and then a sudden decrease after a majority of film-goer's thought it was just mediocre.

<-- Wonders if she is the only one who hadn't seen WIR yet, and is now spoiled for a movie because of a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with WIR?

Honestly, I'd still see it anyways; my brother predicted the villain spoiler (or so he says) and he still enjoyed it a little, though I'm 100% sure he's being a hipster since he is the only one of my friends who just thought it was "okay" and he said that after I said how amazing it was.

I'm sorry you were spoiled but that kind of stuff happens a lot when you're on a Disney forum and the internet :lol:. There are a few people I know who haven't seen Tangled yet, heck, one of my friends has never seen Aladdin, but does that mean what happens in both of those movies can't be brought up? Heck no. I frequent a video game forum and the rules per that forum are, once the game/movie has been out for 4 months internationally, people are free to discuss it since after awhile it just gets ridiculous (like with my friend who hasn't seen Aladdin yet).

with if the snowman is the new jar jar binks? With that said, if i do like the artwork for elsa and i love idnia menzel.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............................you mean jar jar isn't popular at all?! What about all those figures I have of him (well, from Pizza Hut, lol)....are they...worthless? :cry:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............................you mean jar jar isn't popular at all?! What about all those figures I have of him (well, from Pizza Hut, lol)....are they...worthless? :cry:

Awwww...don't worry Li, those figures aren't worthless, they're just incredibly annoying that's all :)

JGL-50-50-back-pat07secs.gif

<-- Wonders if she is the only one who hadn't seen WIR yet, and is now spoiled for a movie because of a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with WIR?
LOL ... Not alone. :cry: The kids went to see it without me and I still haven't gotten around to it.

Last edited:

Dang. I shouldn't post after taking a Tylenol pm. I am not sure how you even understood my post.

Your jar jar figures are probably worth about the same as my care bear glasses.

I don't understand how people can be so ga-ga over these pins and the movie when it hasn't been released yet!!! And this was before the trailers were even realeased! What if it sucks big time??? Even it's good, is it going to be "Tangled" good??? Dunno, and neither does anyone else!

As for me... I'm not collecting any of them. I will see the movie and will THEN decide if it lives up to the hype. I just worry that people are going to be really disappointed. I mean, how could it possibly live up to what people are making it out to be?

I don't understand how people can be so ga-ga over these pins and the movie when it hasn't been released yet!!! And this was before the trailers were even realeased! What if it sucks big time??? Even it's good, is it going to be "Tangled" good??? Dunno, and neither does anyone else!

As for me... I'm not collecting any of them. I will see the movie and will THEN decide if it lives up to the hype. I just worry that people are going to be really disappointed. I mean, how could it possibly live up to what people are making it out to be?

Eh, folks just think its going to be the next big thing, and are hoping its as 'good' as Tangled was... or better. I agree that it is definitely best to watch the movie first, I don't have any proper opinions on the characters yet as I have not watched the movie. The reason I'm going to watch it is for the pretty scenery. And I definitely am not interested in collecting the pins. Using them as traders on the other hand is another matter.

Well, for me I can separate movie and character design. I collect Alice in Wonderland because I love the character designs, the use of many bright colors, but personally, I think the movie leaves a lot to be desired. In the same way, liking Song of the South (which most people haven't even seen) isn't a prerequisite for liking Splash Mountain or any piece of merchandise featuring Brer Bear, Fox and Rabbit.

I'm stuck with Frozen, because I'm finding myself drawn to the character art in the way I am with Alice. The color pallette speaks to me. My Dad collects snowman, so I'm drawn to Olaf, just based on that. But I can't afford to start collecting new things, especially knowing right out of the gate how tough some of these pins are already going to be.

I'll be attempting to get them all. I think they are very nice pins, and I'm 99% sure I will like the movie. I can genuinely say that I like every Disney film to a greater or lesser extent, so I can't see why this would be the exception. Especially when this is my type of Disney movie in particular, I'm expecting to like it very much. I'd probably collect more films than I do at the moment, it's just space, how much I want to spend etc. Frozen goes really well with my other collections though, and since I collect Snow White to Merida already it makes sense to collect Elsa and Anna too.

As for the merchandise in general, I think they've come out with a very strong run and everything from dolls to pins looks great. Even if Elsa doesn't become one of my favourite characters, she'll still be a great doll and any other product or pin that they bring out of her in my opinion.

I don't think people are going ga-ga over them because they'll know that they'll adore the movie, I think a lot of people know they'll like the movie a lot though (it's hard to not at least enjoy a Disney movie, rankings aside). Another thing is that, like Kristine said, people are nervous that if they don't get a head-start, this will be another Tangled or WiR, where 2 years in a row, the movie wasn't popular and then became a big thing and it was hard to get in once you were "already out" so to speak.

Then there will be those inevitable pin traders who are so committed to being completionists and because they don't want to admit that the blind love they put forth early on was false, that even if they don't like the movie that much, they'll convince themselves that they do just to continue collecting them. I can't say who will end up as someone who does that yet, I'm not even saying someone on DPF has to, but I know I've met a few people like that, it happens...

Gotta say, Frozen collections will look really pretty. :lol:

I agree lol The colors of the pins so far have been really nice. I can only imagine the lanyards that will be white, light blue, silver, and very sparkly :)

this is going to be the first princess movie that I take my daughter to see, so Im crazy excited about it. we already bought lots of merch so she recognizes the characters, we have a shirt for her to wear to the theatre, and a doll for her to take. we have a book and read-along-CD, so we know the story. I have super high hopes for the movie, but if I dont like it, I wont collect the pins, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back