• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF February release flyer !!! OMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, I do hope they put more out for other movies. Aladdin and The Incredibles are both great choices. I'd love to see Marquees for Lilo & Stitch, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Pocahontas, Hercules, Tarzan, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and The Great Mouse Detective. I also hope there will be one for Oz: The Great And Powerful.

Still reading through the thread, so sorry if it's been mentioned, but-
The Marquees are made when the movie actually plays at the theater. So if any of those movies (or Aladdin, Incredibles, etc) gets a re-release at the theater, then they'll do the marquee... I don't think they've ever made a pin for a movie while it wasn't actually playing there. That's why Last Song was never sold _at_ the DSF, for some reason the movie didn't actually play there (but it was scheduled and they already had the pins made), so they just sold them off a pin-trader events later...

That's also why some pins get multiple releases... Obviously Nightmare plays every Halloween, so there's at least one NMBC pin every year... Lady & the Tramp is a popular Valentine's Day movie, so it plays in the theater (and gets a pin it seems) in February... That's the nice thing about the Cap only playing Disney movies, if there's nothing new out from Disney for a while, older movies will get shown and we get new pins... :)

I thought I was going to be lucky at the beginning of the year and my pin budget might stay in tact. Well, it was a shot. These are really nice. I would love the Rapunzel pin. It is so cute. but don't think I will be able to swing it the way the Rapunzel pins have been going.

How about a Vanellope PTD?

I want an Adorabeezle PTD since she is based off of ice cream, but since she doesn't even have a voice actor I doubt it :(

Crossing fingers for that! And I'm super disappointed that there isn't a **SPOILERSPOILER**Felix/Calhoun**SPOILERSPOILER** Valentine's Day pin. Hoping some pop up at DLR/WDW!

I KNOW!!!! Also, the chocolates a type of candy so this would have been perfect! 6 days before the digital release, 1st valentine's day after the movie's release, and candy!!!

Possibly some WiR pins for the DVD/Blu-ray release? Do they ever do much for the home video releases beyond GWP?

I'm really hoping there is something, I think there is a pool of potential for more Sugar Rush pins.

23768084.jpg

It looks like I got into this discussion a little late. I saw the DSF posting and immediately went outside to put a for sale sign on my house. The second week is going to hurt real bad. CAN ANYONE HELP A BROTHA DPFer IN NEED? They are the prettiest Mulan pins I have seen in a while. Wishing you sunny days as you wait in line.

Friday Feb 8th.... Mulan.

The one with Mulan the warrior..... It has 2 horses. MUST have!

Can someone who is going to attend please PM me. There is no way I will be able to attend the release.

Whoops...I mean Great! I'm glad there's another opportunity to get Lady and the Tramp as a marquee.

Seriously, I do hope they put more out for other movies. Aladdin and The Incredibles are both great choices. I'd love to see Marquees for Lilo & Stitch, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Pocahontas, Hercules, Tarzan, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and The Great Mouse Detective. I also hope there will be one for Oz: The Great And Powerful.

DSF only does Marquee pins for movies that play at the El Capitan theatre...Mulan starts on the 8th for a 4 week engagement with a special sub-engagement of Lady & the Tramp from the 14th to the 18th with one showing each evening at 7pm...there will be a pin release for Oz since it will be playing at the theatre too...

Still reading through the thread, so sorry if it's been mentioned, but-
The Marquees are made when the movie actually plays at the theater. So if any of those movies (or Aladdin, Incredibles, etc) gets a re-release at the theater, then they'll do the marquee... I don't think they've ever made a pin for a movie while it wasn't actually playing there. That's why Last Song was never sold _at_ the DSF, for some reason the movie didn't actually play there (but it was scheduled and they already had the pins made), so they just sold them off a pin-trader events later...

That's also why some pins get multiple releases... Obviously Nightmare plays every Halloween, so there's at least one NMBC pin every year... Lady & the Tramp is a popular Valentine's Day movie, so it plays in the theater (and gets a pin it seems) in February... That's the nice thing about the Cap only playing Disney movies, if there's nothing new out from Disney for a while, older movies will get shown and we get new pins... :)

I think what Jeff is trying to say is that he wishes they would show movies that they haven't made marquee for at the theatre instead of showing films that they've shown countless times like Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Little Mermaid, etc

Last edited:
I think what Jeff is trying to say is that he wishes they would show movies that they haven't made marquee for at the theatre instead of showing films that they've shown countless times like Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Little Mermaid, etc

Just realized there has never been a Lilo & Stitch Marquee O__o WHAT?!?!??!?!??! Has it really been that long since that amazing movie played there????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back