• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Grail Zapped :'-)

ZAPPED! Grail Zapped :'-)

SoraPandora

Figaro Fan
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Every time I open my mailbox and see a little bubble envelope, I get all happy inside. (I'm sure you fellow pin traders know the feeling.) Today I was doubly happy when I realized I recognized the return address on my LBE - the address of one of my favorite DPF members, David a.k.a. docfish2u.

I sent him a trade request last week for quite possibly the cutest Alice & Dinah pin in existence, which he graciously accepted… So I was really thrilled to open up my package and check out my new treasure. As soon as I slit the envelope, Alice fell out into my open hand, looking sweet as can be, even through her veil of bubble wrap.

So, of course, I am all smiles. Another perfect trade, another precious pin.

Just then I notice that David has also included a piece of paper in the package, so I take it out, open it up, and start to read… The beginning of the sheet is just a print-out of our notes back and forth on the forum, arranging the trade. But then I get to the bottom…

"So it appears I got you again!! This request works so perfectly for me to zap you again!!!!
Hahaaahhhaahhaha!!!
David"

Now, of course, I'm a little confused. Alice wasn't a zap, she was a trade. Am I missing something here? Did he forget I was sending him a pin, too?

I turn over the Alice pin, still wrapped in bubbles, and…

OMG.
OMG x4.
It can't be…

David sent me another grail! The two-pin set with Figaro and Cleo in her fishbowl!!! This is one of the first pins I ever fell in love with on PinPics, and has been on my "most wanted" (grail) list since I started trading.

By this time I am jumping around and squealing like some sort of berserk potbelly pig and tears are filling my eyes as I am trying to claw my new pins out of their bubble wrap straightjacket, while being as careful as I possibly can in my overly excited condition.

Behold! :

IMG_7706_zpsa72c2edb.jpg

IMG_7736_zps2c62ed8b.jpg

(I am actually holding these beautiful pins! I still can't believe they are mine!)

Important information: This is not the first, but the second time David has zapped me with grails from my signature. Why he has decided to do this amazing thing for me, a strange little clown girl in California that he's never met, I don't know - but I am eternally grateful for everything he's done, and I will never forget.

Thank you so much, David.

Rise to your feet, you are now a knight...

And I hereby dub you the Grail Slayer.

knight.gif

Last edited:
hahahaha "The Grail Slayer"!!!! I think David should def stick with that name :D
But omg congrats!!! These pins are adorrrabblleeee!! I don't collect either of these, but now I want them haha xD

Congrats dear! :D Those are some awesome pins!

AND ALL HAIL THE GRAIL SLAYER!!!!!

Maybe they'll make a motion picture of you! It's like television, but without commercials.

~Merlin

Why he has decided to do this amazing thing for me, a strange little clown girl in California that he's never met, I don't know​
[/QUOTE]

Dole whips

Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight of DPF,

How kind and wonderful thou arte! With thy generous and giving soul, yon Fellow DPF member is one step closer to needing a new signature. Thine strong sword arm hath slain many a Grail signature in such a short time. Thy generosity shall ne'er go un-noticed. Thy grace and genteel personality shall hereafter be a shining example of Chivalry and courtesy.

So Sayeth I, The Snow Queen.

Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight of DPF,

How kind and wonderful thou arte! With thy generous and giving soul, yon Fellow DPF member is one step closer to needing a new signature. Thine strong sword arm hath slain many a Grail signature in such a short time. Thy generosity shall ne'er go un-noticed. Thy grace and genteel personality shall hereafter be a shining example of Chivalry and courtesy.

So Sayeth I, The Snow Queen.

:like:

Back