• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I Think I May Need More Frames!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Think I May Need More Frames!

talesoftobv

Instigator of Mass Hysteria
Rating - 99.2%
246   2   1
D: My Mulan collection is getting a little full!!

A44668BE-F962-450D-804C-1CAA2301B349-3079-000004708C599F87.jpg

8D01D455-0CB2-4BAD-9797-FDE11633B898-3079-0000047044142DE8.jpg

Should I get another frame to match.... Or one big one?

I agree with sticking with a 3rd frame of the same size. A lot of times with very big frames the pins kind of get lost and I think these look dynamic. Who knew there were so many large Mulan pins. They look great!

I don't have any particular feeling about Mulan as a film, but those are some nice looking pins!

Personally I'm a fan of having each pin collection in its one frame, but I'll defer to majority opinion on this ^_^ If you could find a nice oriental-looking picture frame though...

Wow that collection is gorgeous! In terms of frames I would try to get something that matches, but I do have a slight case of OCD when it comes to these things >.<

Thanks everyone! After my D-pins last night, I realized that I didn't have any room to add the new DSF pins onto my Mulan board! So I pulled out some cheap frames I bought at the Dollar Tree and made these up. I apparently can't cut the corkboard very straight.... Lols.

I really appreciate all the suggestions! I think I will keep an eye out for three identical frames to redo Mulan. :)

WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!! You have a beautiful collection.... I am stunned!! I had a Mushu pin...but I traded it. I wish I could have traded it to you! It would have looked great with your pins!

I love that you frame your pins too! I use layers of Tulle as my backing vs cork but they are equally just as beautiful!!

I love that you frame your pins too! I use layers of Tulle as my backing vs cork but they are equally just as beautiful!!

Oh my goodness! I bet that looks beautiful!! Gives me ideas to put a layer on top of the cork. I never liked the look of cork, but I love the way it holds my pins. Thank for the inspiration!!

I REALLY like the way you did separate frames. With one big frame, I tend to get overwhelmed and can't focus on all the pins. With separate frames you can really appreciate each pin IMO. Awesome collection!

Wow, those look amazing! Where or how did you make those frames? I like smaller ones, like someone else said above, huge frames make the pins disappear and not as noticeable.
I must get some like that.
Love your collection!

That is a lovely Mulan collection Tanya!! So many huge and impressive pins & they look stunning in those frames.
If they were mine I'd go for a frame that matched the other 2 in size & design.
Then again I have my collections on big boards...either way I look forward to seeing more:)

well its unanimous (i cant spell) i like another frame...you made lovely choices and you have a greatnatural flair for spacing/ seperating size and color etc. Any decorator or landscaper will tell you ,,,always in three's. Look at any great art display, landscaping etc. always in odds but 3's and 5's are most appealing to the eye. NOw someboy PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF PETE help me get the mulan surprise release....my person couldnt get one and i am bummed especially now that i see how lovely it is in the collecion!

More frames! More is better than bigger! And if you get too big, the weight of them gets to be a bit too much and there is more of a chance of them pulling off the hangers. (practical experience, lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back