• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Personal Play it Forward (Please Read)

ZAPPED! Personal Play it Forward (Please Read)

Romancing_Train

EVERYPONY calm the buck down!
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
This year has been an especially bad one for my family. My boyfriend's dad was in a back car accident, I had to quit my job at Disney, a girl tried to rape my boyfriend, my doggie broke her leg, I had my windshield implode while driving, lost two tires, had to almost drop out of school, had my bank account stolen along with my identity....the list could go on.

BUT, we host a home to a friend recovering from Alcoholism, free board, food and utilities, and helped her a few weeks ago get her own home and her children back. We adopted Luna, my grandma made her first friend in over 10 years, lost weight, with a little luck got a laptop, and got through some really hard times with my boyfriend. I learned many things about myself, my family and I met all of you!

But I guess this year because of my hardships, I feel like I haven't done enough for my community, and for people. I feel terrible because I normally donate a toy for toys for tots, or a book for the young readers, so I guess this will have to do! I was challenged on a Monster High forum to Play-itForward, but since I seriously can't AFFORD 10$ shipping right now, I'll just PIF on a pin.

I, Carissa W. have been blessed this year.
And I wish to share the wealth. This is my decision and no one is going to change it, and I wish to play it forward.
I have this pin:

Pin 89645: DSF - Ticket Stub Series - Rapunzel
Please tell me why you want it, whether it be for you or a zap for someone else. be truthful, if you want it because you want it then you want it. 'Nuff said.
You will be disqualified if you say you NEED this pin. I have been punished and taught my whole life you don't need frivolous things, and that saying you need something like this is a LIE. And I don't want you to lie to me okay? Just tell me why you want it!

You have until Saturday, 12:00PM California time, to tell me why you want this pin. I will pick the winner sometime that weekend and post it after the 20th of December.

I have learned as well that I don't need anything....I too have been through a lot this year.....i have so much love for you right now and i just pray and send good thoughts to you in your family.....I would like this pin not for myself but to give to another...i have been so blessed this year and I just want to help make someone elses day happy
also if you ever need to talk you can always message me

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles! And especially quitting Disney was hard I bet. Much love and pixie dust to you and yours. (And no I'm not saying this to get the pin.)

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles this year but am glad that you are seeing the positive side and that you have learned so much from pain as well :) I think that it was creative and thoughtful of you to come up with RAK attack and was so happy that Echo got the Brave marquee during the first one! :) I am currently applying for colleges and have a lot of stress about not getting in to any school but my love for Rapunzel/ or anything Disney and dream to work at Disney as an Imagineer motivates me to keep going. I think this pin would relieve some stress and to finish those applications! I have another idea to give this pin to a middle school student. I am tutoring for a program that helps underserved students be on the track to continue their education since some public schools are not very challenging. One of my tutees is about to take the SSAT and from being almost near the bottom 10% of the national ranking on her first try, her hard work to improve has helped her score much higher! Her official test is almost a month away but this pin as a gift would be great as motivation or encouragement that she can improve from scoring low if she works hard and has the motivation like Rapunzel to see the lights! :)
I hope you start feeling better and pin karma will definitely come your way :)

Actually that Marquee was a gift from a different group of members. The Rak attacks came later :3

Carissa, you are so kind and you do so much for everyone already with the RAK attacks!!!

(Also I know this is off topic but-- oooh, you collect Monster High too??)

I don't collect Rapunzel; if I got this pin I would zap someone with it or else trade it for something that I wanted. I think I should be low on your list... but I just wanted to say how awesome I think you are!

I'm so sorry you had a hard year, that sounds like an awful experience (especially quitting Disney, I can't imagine). Although, there are some positives to what you've been through! I can relate though. It makes you stronger and it seems like you've stayed the same and happy, (even though I didn't know you before!) I'm not sure why I'd want the pin, it's a beautiful pin is pretty much my only reason, and it would be a wonderful addition to my random collection. Just thought i'd give you a little word of encouragement and say I can relate. :) Hopefully everything starts to go better for you, I know that with a little positivity anything can happen. I'm always here to listen if you need it! :hug:

I'm sorry you had such a rough year :( On the other hand, I'm glad you decided to think in a positive light and do something nice for others! Good karma will come back around!! <3

This is so sweet, Carissa! :angel:

I'm sorry you've had a lot of sucky things happen to you this year, but kudos to you for putting such a positive spin on things! Great idea.

I know there's a lot of Rapunzel lovers on this forum, so I'm sure you won't have a problem finding a deserving recipient for your pin.

:hug:

I am not wanting this pin but wanted to give you big hugs and sending good thoughts :hug: hope things get brighter for you this year and wonderful of you to stay strong by focusing on the positive!! <3

What a lovely thing to do. I'm not a Rapunzel collector so I don't want the pin, but I have a couple of nominees for a zap - I'll PM them to you.

I hope things are better for you in the New Year...you're obviously a sweet and giving person and you deserve it!

Oh wow...I had no idea all of this was happening :/ I'm not trying to post here just because I want the pin, buy I honestly do feel really bad for you. I come home everyday and sometimes I'm in a pissy mood, and for no reason. You hve a reason for ranting and for everyones kindness. I honestly which I could something, but I can't think of anuthing to do except give you encouraging words. Honestly, this will all past. God has a plan for you and everything happens for a reason, so he knows what's going on. :)
The reason I want the pin: I just want a trader xD I'm completely out of trades :(

Girl, you are amazing :salute:I don't want this pin but thankyou for doing this :) I hope next year treats you better :)

I'm sorry to hear that you went through so much. It is amazing to me that you have remained so kind throughout all of your hardship. I'm going to browse around for a member that would really appreciate this pin! I had someone in mind, but it seems she just received it!

I hope things look out for you even more for the remainder of this year, and for many years to come! :D

you gaiz.

waht yew doin.

yew gaiz...

staph...

Nuuu i'm okay I really am. I just wanted to make someone else happy ;A; Deep down I'm a really mean person who eats babies D:<

I do not want the pin I just want to say I am so blown away by you... You have looked out for me and sent me such wonderful and thoughtful messages regarding the hard ships I am going through this year with health issues. I too understand what hell this year has brought. From my job changing three times to loosing all the years i put in. to gaining almost 65lbs this year from health condtion and new medication. loosing health ins. Husbands job changing and so on and so forth but it is people like you who make it better and help me get thru and by. From the bottom of my heart thank you for being you. :hug:

you gaiz.

waht yew doin.

yew gaiz...

staph...

Nuuu i'm okay I really am. I just wanted to make someone else happy ;A; Deep down I'm a really mean person who eats babies D:<

I keep telling you how special you truly are. Now you are starting to see others see the same things in you. While I would love the pin to use as a trader please do not consider me for it. There is somebody out there who would be thrilled to add it to their collection. You will find that special person.

This will have to do for now. :hug: You are a rock star, don't forget it!!!

Hi Carrissa
Your year sucked as bad as mine did or I would say MORE!!!than mine did,I am sooo sorry you went through all this,you are truly an awesome member of DPF!We are so glad to have you here wth us
You know you have ALL of us to lean on for any support you may need!I was your first RAK in OCT 2012 and believe me ,I cannot thank you enough for everything that was sent and said
I feel thanks is NOT enough!!I do need this pin,as I collect Ticket Stubs,but do not send it to me for that,everything I recieve in ZAPS/Gifts stays with me as they are momentos of the great friends I have here at DPF!!Continue to be awesome and I hope 2013 will be better for you!!

Judy

Romancing train you are just amazing! I cannot imagine going through what you have this year and then going out and doing this! You are truly blessed! Best wishes for the new year for you and everyone in your family! :)

Well,this feels awkward, lol, but I'd like this pin for myself( *shies away awkwardly*) because Tangled is one of my favorite Disney movies and I'd like to build my collection of Tangled pins. :) I certainly don't deserve this pin, if anything you deserve an amazing zap for Christmas!! But that is why I'd like it. ;)

Am I too late? I'm not sure of the time difference since I live on the east coast.

Back